Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Using two iPhones

markhewitt1978
6: Helper
6: Helper

I'm on a pay monthly contract and I got my iPhone 7, I sent my iPhone 6 to Music Magpie and they only offered £35 for it (crack in screen) so I'm getting it sent back. 

So I was wondering how to put it to use now I'm keeping it. One thing is that I could use my iPhone 6 when out cycling as it's that good bit smaller, but is there a reasonable way to make that work?

I guess I can't have the same number on each phone? But what about a second SIM for my other phone which is part of the same account and using the same minutes etc has my main one? Could I get calls forwarded from my main phone to my second one? What about texts?

2 REPLIES 2

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

I personally don't trust Music Magpie.  I sent a phone to them in pristene condition and they claimed the camera was faulty.  I got it sent back and guess what - the camera worked.  I complained and they didn't even have the decency to respond.  I ended up sending my phone to another recycler and strangely they didn't find any issues with the camera. 

Anyway, I digress

There is no way of duplicating your contract across 2 SIM cards. If you wanted to take out a second contract for your iPhone 6, you could look at the SIM Only deals.  Once you have a new number set up you can forward your calls from the iPhone 7 to the iPhone 6 when you are out.  There are apps you can download to forward your texts.  

PWIAC

Alright, even the £9.50 SIM only package seems excessive for my occasional usage, and would be rather gualling to have to pay for phone calls on PAYG when I have unlimited on my contract. Swapping sims over would be a PITA too.