Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

VPN with mobile phone & iPad...

Afpriest2007
3: Seeker

For the past few weeks, I had been using the Opera VPN with both my iPhone 5 and my iPad (3rd gen).  I had no troubles.  Earlier today I was online to check my email...still no troubles.  Later this morning I was unable to access anything via the WWW.  I could make phone calls, but that was all.  I was on the line with Customer Support, and we were not able to figure it out.  While I was on hold it dawned on me to disconnect the VPN.  This didn't work, so I deleted the VPN, and rebooted the iPad.  Everything worked fine.

I shared this success with the Customer Service agent, and asked what VPN is recommended for personal use by Vodafone.  He checked with his colleagues, and they said they do not recommend using one.

I feel it is important to use one.  Security is important.  So, I am asking the eForum Community for some help.  Does anyone have success using a VPN?  Thank you for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

I've read from past posts on other forums too that the opera vpn can present problems. 

Typical advice is to use a subscribed to / purchase VPN and not perhaps a free version. 

Personally I've not seen the requirement to use a Vpn in all the years I've been online. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

6 REPLIES 6

BandOfBrothers

I've read from past posts on other forums too that the opera vpn can present problems. 

Typical advice is to use a subscribed to / purchase VPN and not perhaps a free version. 

Personally I've not seen the requirement to use a Vpn in all the years I've been online. 

Current Phone  >

you wrote: I've read from past posts on other forums too that the opera vpn can present problems. 

We have used VPN for years for our remote workers to gain access to our server. How do you suggest we do this without using VPN? VPN and hotspot were working, but now aren't, we are getting to verify user name and password then times out.

"Error 800 security parameters for ipsec might not be configured properly".

What can be done? Your assistance wouldbe greatly appreciated.

ChazzD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@RLBNP18

Please speak with our Live Chat team so they can look into this further for you.

Afpriest2007
Thank you for your reply. I'll look for a pay service.

You're welcome. 

Everyones surfing habits differ I understand but have you ever thought of the private browsing option in your iPad and iPhone  ?

There are plenty of options to choose from regarding VPN's and please do search around for reviews before paying out. 

Good luck. :Smiling:

Current Phone  >

You posted: I've read from past posts on other forums too that the opera vpn can present problems. 

How do we get access to our server without VPN from laptops off site? We have used VPN for many many years for our off site personnel to gain access to on site server information. Hot Spot is not allowing VPN connection and giving this error - "Error 800 security parameters for ipsec might not be configured properly".

Any help would be gratefully received. Thank you