6: Helper

General Info
Chat start time Sep 23, 2016 2:36:09 AM EST
Chat end time Sep 23, 2016 3:03:30 AM EST
Duration (actual chatting time) 00:27:20
Operator Bhojraj
Chat Transcript
info: Sorry for the delay, we are currently experiencing high volumes. Please hold for the next available adviser.
info: You're now chatting with Bhojraj.
Bhojraj:
Hello, you're chatting with Bhojraj, how may I help you today?

Rajesh: Hi there , I would like to know when my phone would be delivered please
Rajesh: It's iPhone 7 plus
Bhojraj:
I'll check your account and let you know the status.

Bhojraj:
Please can you confirm when was the order placed?

Rajesh: On 9th of sept
Rajesh: Web 00000*******
Bhojraj:
Thank you.

Bhojraj:
In order to resolve your query I'll need to verify your details for security purposes. Let me ask you a few questions in order to assist you.

Bhojraj:
Please can you confirm your full name?

Rajesh:*****
Bhojraj:
Thank you.

Bhojraj: Please can you confirm the 1st and 2nd digits of your account pin?
Rajesh: **
Bhojraj:
That matches our records! Thank you for verifying your details.

Bhojraj:
Kindly bear with me while I check your account details. I appreciate your patience.

Bhojraj:
Thank you for your patience.

Bhojraj:
I've checked your account and can see that there's a maximum wait time of 4-6 weeks for this particular variant of iPhone 7 plus, however, we're expecting the handset to be back in stock soon and you'll be sent the notification once the order has been dispatched.

Rajesh: But when would be that
Bhojraj:
The date is confirmed through the notification and before the delivery of the order with the delivery time slot and details required to track the order online.

Rajesh: Would it be 1 week 2weeks ?
Rajesh: I want the approx date please
Rajesh: I already waited a week now
Bhojraj:
I completely understand your point, however, I'd have been happy to provide you a date if there's one available at the moment.

Bhojraj:
The confirmed date will be communicated in advance through the notification and you'll be able to track your order online.

Rajesh: All other provides are giving a date , day EE says phone is delivered with in 21 days from the date of purchase
Rajesh: Why can't Vodafone give me a similar date
Rajesh: This is getting ridiculous mate! I want a discount on my plan. I have already waited enough !
Bhojraj:
I've mentioned that the current maxium wait time of the variant you've ordered is 4-6 weeks.

Bhojraj:
We are working with apple to get this for you at the earliest. The challenge around stock is impacting all UK Operators and we are trying our best to get your handset delivered as soon as possible.

Rajesh: What is the point of Paying such a huge amount of money for 12 month contract when the phone is delivered after 2 months of purchase
Rajesh: You either give me a discount on my monthly plan or else I will have to go else where
Bhojraj:
We can see to it once the phone has been delivered, so please feel free to contact us once the phone has been delivered.

Rajesh: No the challenge of the stock are not impacting other operators
Rajesh: EE is giving a phone with in 21 days of the purchase
Rajesh: So is o2
Rajesh: I better go to EE then
Rajesh: Thanks for making things clear
Bhojraj:
I'm really sorry, however, I've given the information which is correct and it's true that the stock issue is across the UK and I've mentioned the expected delivery time above.

Rajesh: You say get back to us once the phone is delivered ! Why would I get back to you once the phone is delivered !
Rajesh: Ok I see that you have made it very clear
Rajesh: Thank you , I shall record this chat and send it to consumer forum . Thank you
Bhojraj: Sure, you can save the conversation.
Bhojraj:
Is there anything else I can help you with today?

Rajesh: Why this silly question again ! When you can't even help me with my 1st question !
Bhojraj:
I'm sorry for asking.

Bhojraj:
Thank you for chatting with us today.

Bhojraj:
Bye.

info: Thanks for chatting with us.
25 REPLIES 25

Raj747
He literally hung up on me! What a way to go Vodafone !!
Terribly disappointing!

63johnw
17: Community Champion
Hi, from what I can see the agent was perfectly reasonable, he asked if there was anything else you wanted help with and you said no so what would you expect?

jeffkinn

I've read the transcript 3 times trying to find the unpleasantness and not succeeding.

You may not have liked the message you received but it was delivered politely and with respect.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

AnnS

You were given the information needed which you were unable to accept. The advisor was being quite reasonable.

No point asking the same question and going round in circles.  He was quite entitled to end the conversation.

'I've checked your account and can see that there's a maximum wait time of 4-6 weeks for this particular variant of iPhone 7 plus, however, we're expecting the handset to be back in stock soon and you'll be sent the notification once the order has been dispatched.'

Raj747
All I asked was why can't the Vodafone give me an approx date for the delivery when all other providers can!
4-6 weeks is ridiculous When EE says 21 days from the date of purchase . Wouldn't you agree ?

63johnw
He can only give the information he has been given, would you rather he just said 21 days to get you off the phone? This happens every year at this time, some people are lucky and get their phones, others aren't and have to wait a while, the only way to avoid it is to wait til the madness dies down then place an order. Frustrating as it is for you.

kids
Community Champion (Retired)

@Raj747 wrote:
Bhojraj:

Rajesh: This is getting ridiculous mate! I want a discount on my plan. I have already waited enough !
AND
Rajesh: You either give me a discount on my monthly plan or else I will have to go else where

@Raj747 If you has spoken to me like that I would have told you that you are free to go elsewhere disconnected the call!

Just because  advisers cannot tell callers what they want to hear is not an excuse for them to chuck their dummies out of the pram.

I can't see how the adviser was unpleasant in any way if there was any unpleasantness it was from you demanding a discount.

Raj747
I think I must have phrased my words wrongly here. I am dissapointed here not because of the way the CC handled the Chat, but with the answer I got out of it.

kids

@Raj747 wrote:
I think I must have phrased my words wrongly here. I am dissapointed here not because of the way the CC handled the Chat, but with the answer I got out of it.

Exactly my point.
You did not get the answer that you wanted but that is no excuse for your attitude to the adviser.

Would you rather he told you that the phone would be with you in 48 hours althought would be a lie as that is what you would have liked to hear?