cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Veterans report! What do you expect this year?

Diorama42
4: Newbie

Veteran reporting for duty. I served bravely in the Wars of the Vodafone iPhone Preorders, and my service medal has three bars (4S, 5S, 6Plus).

To those who have seen the chaos of war that annually floods this forum, what do you expect this year? Tears, rage, very angry emoticons? Or is there a change in the winds? I heard the pre-order website didnt instantly crash at 8am this morning, which is as promising as it is unheard of!

What did you go for? I'm assuming very few of you went for the 16GB model, I imagine you would only get about a minutes worth of 4K video on that!

Anyway, to all newbies and grizzled veterans, welcome to the annual Vodafone iPhone preorder hunger games thunder dome. of death.

24 REPLIES 24

Just noticed this is the 12th iPhone,

2G

3G

3GS

4S

5C

5S

6+

6S

6S+

A1000
9: Established

Seems that Apple's system has updated for me as promised at 1900 as it's showing tracking details with DPD which is great as they give specific time slots on the day.  Seems like Apple has upped their game this year with increased stock.

I was tempted to buy direct from Apple this year but it would have meant selling my 6 before the announcment was made and having to buy a cheap phone for a few weeks. The sums didnt work out quite right..

I'll be doing that next on the 7 launch though and il be more prepared! 

A1000
9: Established

I switched to a SIM only contract the other year as the economics came down to a cashflow issue and I found availability better through Apple.  The unlocked iPhone is also a benefit when I have been in countries like Japan where you can switch to a local data SIM.

kids
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

Certainly the way to go if finances permit it to buy from Apple and use a sim only contract.

I I do some work in slums in Thailand where at the best of times signals are poor so the option to chop and change local sims is of the upmost importance.