Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Visual Voicemail

Stuarticus
2: Seeker

Is visual voicemail on the cards for roll out?

It still irks me that o2 are the only network to offer this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bobbin
13: Advanced Member
Not planned as of yet i'm afraid

View solution in original position

121 REPLIES 121

kids
Community Champion (Retired)

bradleywright wrote:

I would like to add my voice to the growing number of people on these forums who are thouroughly dissapointed that Vodafone are not supporting the Visual Voicemail functionality on iOS devices.

I am surprised that you did not know or at least enquire about Visual Voicemail before joining Vodafone. There are a humungous number of posts in these forums and elsewhere about it.

It is a well known fact and has received massive coverage over the past few year that Vodafone do not support it and have said they do not have any plans to do so. They do not advertise it as a feature of their service so something that was never there cannot be 'broken'.'

I guess that if you have now turned VM off that the messages were not as important as you first felt that you needed VVM to be able to prioritise..

royzer76

Just switched to Vodafone from O2.

Just noticed the Visual Vocemail on my 4s isn't working.  Checked on here and some old posts say that Vodafone don't support this feature.

Surely that can't still be the case?

If you've never had it I guess you won't miss it, but I had it with O2 and I'd quite like it with Vodafone.

Any updates???

Not got it yet? C'mon Vodafone get with it!! Why provide iPhone if you dont support all the features??

The stock answer is that there are currently no plans to implement the visual voicemail feature and apparently there are apps which are available on the app store which can replicate the functionality.

I think that basically translates to: "We will never provide it".

It apparently is quite a significant upgrade to their network and one that I suspect O2 may have had from the start potentially part funded by Apple to ensure the iPhone was originally launched exclusively on a network which supports all of its features.

I don't have a definitive list but I believe some of the other networks do not provide VV either. I originally thought that only O2 provided it, but I'm not sure if that's the case or not.

There are quite a few apps available but be very sure that they will work with Vodafone before spending your cash.

Apps are also available for text conformation for Virgin, Three, O2, Orange and T-Mobile but haven't found any that works with Vodafone.

kids

@royzer76 wrote:

Just switched to Vodafone from O2.

Just noticed the Visual Vocemail on my 4s isn't working.  Checked on here and some old posts say that Vodafone don't support this feature.......................................

As you can see from the boards this subject has been done to death.

The Vodafone stance is that they do not have any plans to provide Visualvoice Mail, so don't hold your breath.

I just switched from O2 to Vodafone and yes I miss the visual voicemail and the convenience of listening to messages I want to rather than having to skip by the ones I don't. The force is strong with you Vodafone, I'm pleased I switched, but would be over the moon if we can all have VVM. There's even a whole thread here asking you :Smiling:

Nabs
17: Community Champion

SouthRapid,

The only reaons O2 support VVM is because Apple made them.

For Vodafone to upgrade to VVM would involove big changes to the way their system works and would definatly not come cheap meaning the costs would be passed onto those users who want the feature. 

Vodafone have confirmed on several occasions they are not looking at implmementing VVM anytime in the forseeable future.

jeffkinn
Please please pretty please Vodafone! We have asked and you haven't listened! I'm being sarcastic of course. VF and the other networks will never implement VV and nor should they. There are a least 2 free apps that give us this functionality. VF need to invest in better 3G services. People please stop asking because it won't happen.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Vodafone should invest in better services overall. One of which should be VVM. If O2 can provide VVM on comparable (and sometimes cheaper) tarrifs then Vodafone must be able to as well.

O2 UK only offered VVM because it was at the request of Apple. The networks that had the exclusive rights to sell the first gen iPhone all offer VVM (Orange France, T-Mobile Germany etc).  Once Apple started to let other networks sell iPhone then this requirement seams to of been removed.

I really don't think that Vodafone UK will start to offer VVM anytime soon. However I have read on another site that Vodafone New Zealand were close to starting work on implementing VVM just before the Christchurch earthquake so I guess it might happen at sometime. 

Orange UK, T-Mobile UK and 3 UK also don't offer VVM with iPhone so I guess there is not enough of a demand for the service. In other words customers are not going to O2 simply for VVM in large enough numbers to make the other networks implement it.

Alex