Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Visual Voicemail

Stuarticus
2: Seeker

Is visual voicemail on the cards for roll out?

It still irks me that o2 are the only network to offer this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bobbin
13: Advanced Member
Not planned as of yet i'm afraid

View solution in original position

121 REPLIES 121

Well put. Are you seeing this, Vodafone?

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion
Have a look back on this thread and see how much activity or lack therefore there's been over the years. Vodafone isn't listening as there is almost no one to listen to. Personally I'd rather they invested in network infrastructure and not software when there are already well established apps that give us this functionality. Hullomail is my VV choice.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

There is clearly a demand for it. This is not exactly giving power to us it now?

CheesyCheese

Trawling through the archives I see that Visual Voicemail is not supported by Vodafone. Is anything likely to change w.r.t. this feature?

Hey, Vodafone have no intention in releasing Visual Voicemail at the moment, the demand for it is just not that high and the cost of creating such a service would be high. O2 are the only network that support it, bearing it mind they were the first network to support the iPhone in the UK so they had time to build such a service. You can download other apps like Hullomail to get a similar service. Thanks again, Ant
Hope I helped :Smiling:

Welcome to Vodafone!

CTurner80

I think it's important to point out that it's possible to offer visual voicemail on many smartphones. Based on a quick search, AT&T in the US offers visual voicemail for Blackberries, HTC and Samsung phones (Galaxy Note, etc). Verizon lists a whole range of devices that are compatible with visual voicemail on their website, including phones from Blackberry, HTC, LG, Motorola, Nokia, Samsung and the Sony Ericsson Xperia (search for Verizon vvm compatible devices). The iPhone may be one of the only phones with visual voicemail built in, but if an operator enables it, many other phones would be able to use visual voicemail as well.

It's not acceptable for an operator to claim 'it's not worth upgrading a system that can only be used by one phone'. The US operators have demonstrated that VVM can be rolled out to Android and BB phones as well.

jeffkinn

The points you make are very good but I would still not swap the UK mobile networks for the American ones. People seem to have the impression that America leads the way technologically and it it isn't the case. In the UK and Europe we have always been a long way ahead of the US. We had been using digitial networks for years when the Americas we still rooted to analgoue. We do not pay to receive calls - they do. Their market was heavily fragmented leading to high roaming costs if you left your local neighbourhood. Only AT&Ts offers the Iphone on GSM and they have only started to entertain the concept of unlocking phones in the last two weeks. If I had to rank visual voicemail against all of those other things, I think it would come last.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Well I finally gave up any hope of Vodafone providing VVM and went teh HulloMail route.

Frankly I am surprised by how good it is and certainly eases the 'step back into the 90's' issue I had wen moving from O2 with VVM  to Vodafone and its frankly antiquated and painful old voicemail solution.

Releived to have found a workable solution.

Robin

jeffkinn

Try Libon Voicefeed - although the premium option that unlocks a lot of good features isn't free

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Nabs

@CTurner80 wrote:

It's not acceptable for an operator to claim 'it's not worth upgrading a system that can only be used by one phone'. The US operators have demonstrated that VVM can be rolled out to Android and BB phones as well.

Out of the box it's only the iPhone that supports it.

I believe the networks in the states have created apps similiar to hullomail to allow this, check the market i believe AT&T T-Mo and Verizons ar all there.

Also worth notige Verizon charge $3 a month for the service and AT&T customers can only use it free on a 4G tariff.