Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Visual Voicemail

Stuarticus
2: Seeker

Is visual voicemail on the cards for roll out?

It still irks me that o2 are the only network to offer this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bobbin
13: Advanced Member
Not planned as of yet i'm afraid

View solution in original position

121 REPLIES 121

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion

I think the chances of getting Vodafone or other networks to invest in this technology is nil. There are at least two free apps that give the same if not better functionality - I use Hullomail personally.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

kids
Community Champion (Retired)

As the question of VVM has been going on for years I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for Vodafone to introduce it. :smileyhappy:

As jeffkin has pointed out there are apps out there that do a better job of it and the obvious lack of interest in the subject on these forums for so many months indicates that the majority of people are happy with the alternatives,

With the recent revelations on phone hacking I'd rather avoid 3rd parties and they're own security exposures. But given I've since moved to EE with their support of both Visual Voicemail and HD Voice as value added inclusives, it's a shame Vodafone don't offer extras like this.

I've just left EE for Vodafone.

It would be good to see VVM implemented for iOS devices; I've used a handful of third party apps but they don't do it for me I'm afraid.

kids
With the massive investment that Vodafone are making in upgrading network they are not likely to invest in VVM, years of people asking for it has not changed their stance that they have no plans to introduce it in the foreseeable future.

wicko

I agree, o2 have the advantage on this very differential feature - especially for the business community. I made the mistake when i retruned from the USA to join vodafone for 2 year contract only to find found out it was not supported. all networks provide it in the USA. My agreement ends in Jan 15, and then I will head over to o2 - to be honest that one feature for me will make the decision - regardless of a few ££ in any price delta. VF you should at least offer it as a paid for service option - to not offer it, leave some of us with no choice.

jeffkinn

@wicko wrote:

I agree, o2 have the advantage on this very differential feature - especially for the business community. I made the mistake when i retruned from the USA to join vodafone for 2 year contract only to find found out it was not supported. all networks provide it in the USA. My agreement ends in Jan 15, and then I will head over to o2 - to be honest that one feature for me will make the decision - regardless of a few ££ in any price delta. VF you should at least offer it as a paid for service option - to not offer it, leave some of us with no choice.

You do have a choice. There are visual voicemail apps - I use Hullomail and it works extremely well and fully replaces the network's voicemail service. It also emails messages to me and allows me to create individual greetings for different contacts. Do the network VV services allow you to do all of that?

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

The argument that there's 3rd party apps available is void. What about security implications etc. Vodafone should be providing as a service not expecting users to compromise their security by linking in 3rd party apps.
What next, don't need SMS as you can get WhatsApp?

jeffkinn

@youngyy wrote:

The argument that there's 3rd party apps available is void. What about security implications etc. Vodafone should be providing as a service not expecting users to compromise their security by linking in 3rd party apps.
What next, don't need SMS as you can get WhatsApp?

I disagree but that's fine. What do you think compromises your security over and above a network?

And yes, SMS is on it's way out. The networks are introducing something called Rich Communication Services to stop people using whatsapp/BBM etc. The generic name for this service is Joyn and it's now part of the official GSM standards.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Good point, I did actually give Hullomail a trial. Its a reasonable alternative and as you say does have some wider features, however didn't think it was quite so elegant.