Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Visual Voicemail

Stuarticus
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Is visual voicemail on the cards for roll out?

It still irks me that o2 are the only network to offer this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bobbin
13: Advanced Member
Not planned as of yet i'm afraid

View solution in original position

121 REPLIES 121

kids
Community Champion (Retired)

@woodstock17 wrote:

Now that we have Phone 6S, does anyone know if there finally any plans to introduce Visual Voicemail?

I wouldn't think so.

Vodafone are more interested in investing in the network infrastructure than providing Visual Voicemail. They have always made it clear that there are no plans on the table to introduce it.

i just can't see how much effort or cost there is involved in visual voicemail.

seriously if O2 introduced it in 2007...

wallerz
4: Newbie
Unsure. I use HulloMail which works well and free...

MattyB59
1: Seeker

This Visual Voicemail thing is doing my head in. Vodafone have had long enough to implement it, and now i have an apple watch i cant get my voicemail on the watch as it supports visual voisemail. It would just make things alot easyer!!!!!!!!

aaarrrrggghhhhhh

kids

Were you not aware that Vodafone did not support VVM before taking out a contract?

Vodafone have said in the past that they have no plans to introduce VVM, I guess that they feel customers would prefer the money to be invested in improving network coverage which will benefit more customers than VVM would.

Disappointing, as corporate switching to Vodafone from O2, and will lose iPhone access to visual voicemail features.

By the way, Vodafone DO SUPPORT Visual voicemail elsewhere, eg Australia...

http://support.vodafone.com.au/articles/FAQ/How-to-activate-Visual-Voicemail

Why not in the UK ??

iPhone 6 on O2 Network >> Vodafone 😞

kids

Vodafone Uk and Vodafone Australia are to separate companies.

Vodafone UK have always said that they have no plans to support VVM and that is a commercial decision.

If VVM is so important maybe whoever was responsible for switching to Vodafone should have done a little research first.

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

I use Hullomail - an excellent VV app

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Dbonini
1: Seeker
I work with an MVNO that use Vodafone in the UK. We're presently rolling out VVM which I was surprised by. I asked someone about it and it appears to be a commercial rather than technical hurdle. We have an agreement with Apple to roll it out. Not sure on the commercials itself but sounds to me like Vodafone simply are unwilling to pay Apple for this service. Actually one of the (many) reasons I'm thinking leaving VF.

kids

Vodafone have always said they they have no plans to implement VVM.

This is no doubt a commercial decision that they have taken after considering the financial implications both for and against introducing VVM and the fact that there are apps available for people who really need / want it.