Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Visual Voicemail

Stuarticus
2: Seeker

Is visual voicemail on the cards for roll out?

It still irks me that o2 are the only network to offer this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bobbin
13: Advanced Member
Not planned as of yet i'm afraid

View solution in original position

121 REPLIES 121

Bobbin
Not planned as of yet i'm afraid

graphicgeezer

I've just been told there is still no plans for visual voicemail....

I've just signed up for two Iphone 4s's that makes 5 iphone accounts on Vodafone in this house and I've had an account and phones since you only did pagers my investment so far in your company certainly tops £20K so to say I'm a bit fed up is understating it somewhat.   Come on Vodafone there is absolutely no excuse whatsoever sort it out NOW...

Vodafone Austrailia have implemented it in 2009!!!!!!!!

Edward Goff, Head of Consumer Markets, Vodafone Australia said
All Vodafone iPhone 3G customers will have access to the Visual Voicemail application by close of business Friday 29 May 2009. Over the next few days, Vodafone will proactively notify customers via a TXT message, alerting them to this new service…

Why on earth can't vodafone UK implement a basic feature on the world biggest selling smartphone Two and a half years later??

Bobbin
This will not come to the UK as the providers don't see the reason to implement something that only one handset uses.
The fact that only one provider uses it and no others have chosen to implement it shows it simply isn't worth upgrading existing hardware to warrant the use of one application.
I would rather the carriers spent the money on improving data speeds and reliability than upgrading for visual voicemail. 4G will be the next thing and I am sure that this is the priority for a lot of carriers.

Another thing is there simply isn't enough demand over here for it. If everyone who had an iPhone wanted it and asked for it, then I have no doubt it would have been implemented, but the fact is there isn't enough people who care about one function that isn't active to warrant the expense in activating it.

It is a shame it isn't active, but if you felt that strongly about a single application you would have moved to the only carrier that supports it.

I agree that we should have stayed with the only supplier that offers it. I would have done if I had know this and I will probably moove back when my contract runs out.

If you have never used it you will never understand how good it is and if you are only a private user you probably wouldnt have any use for it other than it is mor user friendly.

Just to add my twopence worth, I have just moved from O2 to Vodafone, I thought VVM was a very good feature and would be delighted if Vodafone were to implement it. Not sure they will though. Perhaps if other makes of phone had it ? 

EE have announced they're implementing Visual Voicemail for their 4G customers, with Orange customers to follow.. this might push more networks to implement.

http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/49536/ee-4g-visual-voicemail-iphone-5 

@graphicgeezer wrote:

Why on earth can't vodafone UK implement a basic feature on the world biggest selling smartphone Two and a half years later??

Beacuse it means spending money to upgrade their existing voicemail platform as as we all know Vodafone dont like spending money unless they really really have to.

Vodafone UK cannot even offer a fully fuctional and accurate website so something like visual voicemail is never going to happen!!!

I knew leaving o2 would mean the loss of Visual Voicemail but ultimately quality of network wins out.

It would be nice to have Visual Voicemail and I'll probably swear about not having it when I get my iPhone but I can ring a number...

If it's an option then of course I'd vote in favour.