Skip to content
main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

iOS

Visual Voicemail

SOLVED
View solved solution
17: Community Champion

OK - obviously not a literal never but not anytime soon. Personally I would rather see investment in improving the 3G network or preparing for 4G.

View more options
2: Seeker Bronze

jeffkinn wrote:

Have you tried On Voicefeed - a better experience that Hullomail and allows contacts to be grouped with customised greetings for each group. And a group can be one person.

Vodafone will probably never roll out VV - nor will the other networks. Surely a decent signal so you can make and receive calls is more important that built in VV as opposed to an excellent VV app that replaces normal voicemail with a much better experience?

I appreciate the suggestion, I really do. But I'm afraid that On Voicefeed - or any other third-party app - will give me the same problems as HulloMail, in that it is simply not tightly integrated to the phone. I want all my phone stuff in the phone app; if I have an app dedicated to voicemail then that's another app to keep track of notifications for, and I simply don't have space on my homescreen or dock to put it somewhere where I'll see the little red indicator. And no, the notification in Notification Center doesn't cut it either, as that is something I have to remember to go and check. If I saw a notification on the lock screen I'd have to decide between listening right away (thus forgetting or at least interrupting the task I had picked up my phone for in the first place) or leaving it to one side and inevitably forgetting to go find it in Notification Centre or the third screen of icons.

With Visual Voicemail I get a red number on my phone icon, and that's on the dock so I see it frequently. I don't have to check the voicemail NOW, I can leave it until later knowing that the constant reminder means I won't forget it. 

As to the decent signal - I do get a decent signal, just not at work. And even then, it's still possible to make and take calls, albeit with difficulty. Saying it's between a phone that can make and receive calls and a phone with a decent voicemail experience is oversimplifying; it's about deciding between a poor experience at work coupled with an excellent experience elsewhere, or a merely adequate experience everywhere.

I've now bitten the bullet and switched to Vodafone but I'm watching the seven-day cooling off period ticking down as I'm still not sure I've made the right choice. I've already been frustrated by the voicemail menus four times (that's in 24 hours):

- one was impatience/lack of time; the first time I called it, it asked me to say my name and I didn't want to. Instead of waiting a moment, and so hearing the "press star to skip" prompt, I thought "Sod this, I don't have time for this faffing" and hung up. This wouldn't have happened in a visual UI as I'd have been able to see the skip button. In fact, in the Visual Voicemail interface the "setup greeting" function is behind a button anyway, so you can use the voicemail without ever pressing that button or having to choose not to set a greeting. It's opt-in rather than opt-out; good UI design.

- one was a bug; it walked me through the setup process twice (this is in addition to my aborted first attempt above)

- two were the voice prompts being too quick to start, so I missed the questions as I was still bringing the phone back to my ear after having pressed the requested button.

Nitpicky? Sure. But if I'm paying a shedload of cash for a gadget I reserve the right to be nitpicky about how it performs.

View more options

You are definately entitled to pick the nits but I would just respectfully caution you to keep things in perspective. Life is all about compromise and to my mind there isnt a lot of compromise here. You can easily keep On voicefeed on your home page and it shows the normal notifications. It also has a notification pop up like a text message or email even when the phone is locked. It will also email you the recording if you want it to so you dont even have to be near the phone to get the message. For me it works well - each to their own.

Good luck whatever you decide to do.

View more options

The problem is, once you have used visual voice mail as I have you understand just how awful voicemail is without it.  Smiley Frustrated

Come on Vodafone 

Pull your fingers out.

View more options

I'll just reiterate a comment I made in a previous thread in that I had no idea that vodafone did not have this feature as I assumed all carriers of iPhone would.

It really makes a big difference to using the phone. I rarely get voice mail but having to ring the voicemail service and navigate menus is just nasty.

I'd switch networks for it.

View more options
5: Helper

I'd also like to recommend 'On Voicefeed' as a visual voicemail app on the iphone 4/4S. I've been using it since last year on my 4S and i find it brilliant...it also does a very good job of translating voicemails into voicetexts (obviously not perfect) and you can also have your voicemails delivered to your email as .mp3 attachements. I'd recommend going for the paid version (only a fiver or so a year) as it means no annoying adds and more features. And if you have unlimited landline calls on your plan like i do, then On Voicefeed does not eat up your x-network mins as On Voicefeed uses a 03xxx landline number to store your messages.

http://www.lifeisbetteron.com/

View more options

I would like to add my voice to the growing number of people on these forums who are thouroughly dissapointed that Vodafone are not supporting the Visual Voicemail functionality on iOS devices.

For those who haven't used the function, visual voicemail give the user a witten list of the voicemails on their device, including (if the number is in your address book) the name of the person leaving the message. One then has instant access to individual messages directly withough having to listen and skip through other messages allowing one to prioritise important messages.

It works, it's really good and I am missing it.

In fact in the month I have been with Vodafone where my voicemail has (as far as I see it) been 'broken' I have not listened to my messages and have now turned VM off becuase it's too much bother

If I had known VVM was not available on Vodafone, I may not have come over to the network and will be seriously reconcidering whether or not to stay with the company in 11 months time because of this 'fault'.

Please Vodafone, make this right.

View more options
16: Advanced member Gold

I am pretty sure its well noted that Vodafone doesn't support this feature for now, in the forum, but hopefully this may change in months to come 

View more options

O2 remain the one and only mobile network in the UK to support visual voicemail on Pay Monthly iPhones.

View more options

Yet another thread about Visual Voicemail.

Vodafone do not and have never supported VV and probably never will. O2 monthly is the only network that does offer VV.

There are at least two free apps that give excellent VVand I use On Voicefeed and this also gives me the ability to give individual contacts customised greetings. They completely replace the VF vociemail system.

View more options
Community Champion (Retired)

bradleywright wrote:

I would like to add my voice to the growing number of people on these forums who are thouroughly dissapointed that Vodafone are not supporting the Visual Voicemail functionality on iOS devices.

I am surprised that you did not know or at least enquire about Visual Voicemail before joining Vodafone. There are a humungous number of posts in these forums and elsewhere about it.

It is a well known fact and has received massive coverage over the past few year that Vodafone do not support it and have said they do not have any plans to do so. They do not advertise it as a feature of their service so something that was never there cannot be 'broken'.'

I guess that if you have now turned VM off that the messages were not as important as you first felt that you needed VVM to be able to prioritise..

View more options

Just switched to Vodafone from O2.

Just noticed the Visual Vocemail on my 4s isn't working.  Checked on here and some old posts say that Vodafone don't support this feature.

Surely that can't still be the case?

If you've never had it I guess you won't miss it, but I had it with O2 and I'd quite like it with Vodafone.

Any updates???

Not got it yet? C'mon Vodafone get with it!! Why provide iPhone if you dont support all the features??

View more options
16: Advanced member Gold
The stock answer is that there are currently no plans to implement the visual voicemail feature and apparently there are apps which are available on the app store which can replicate the functionality.

I think that basically translates to: "We will never provide it".

It apparently is quite a significant upgrade to their network and one that I suspect O2 may have had from the start potentially part funded by Apple to ensure the iPhone was originally launched exclusively on a network which supports all of its features.

I don't have a definitive list but I believe some of the other networks do not provide VV either. I originally thought that only O2 provided it, but I'm not sure if that's the case or not.
View more options
10: Established Bronze

There are quite a few apps available but be very sure that they will work with Vodafone before spending your cash.

Apps are also available for text conformation for Virgin, Three, O2, Orange and T-Mobile but haven't found any that works with Vodafone.

View more options
Community Champion (Retired)

royzer76 wrote:

Just switched to Vodafone from O2.

Just noticed the Visual Vocemail on my 4s isn't working.  Checked on here and some old posts say that Vodafone don't support this feature.......................................

As you can see from the boards this subject has been done to death.

The Vodafone stance is that they do not have any plans to provide Visualvoice Mail, so don't hold your breath.

View more options
Dear VF,

When is Visual Voicemail coming to the network?

Fanx.

View more options
12: Established Gold
That is a question that has been asked for quite some time and I hate to say but I am sure I have read elsewhere that there is no plans for this to come to Vodafone. I could be wrong and would love to be proven but I think just now the only network providing this is O2.
iPhone 5
iPhone 5s tbc
iPad 2 and 4
View more options
12: Established Gold

Visual Voiemail is indeed only available on the O2 network.  As far as I'm aware none of the other networks have any plans to start offering it either.

View more options
I'm aware that it's network dependant and O2 put the effort in when they were the exclusive network in the UK, but VF has had what, the iPhone 4 and now the 4s and still haven't done anything about it?

Clearly it's not a deal-breaker but a disappointing if that's the case for the "UK's Most dependable network" or what ever the latest slogan is.
View more options
Moderator (Retired)

Hi bullett007

We still don't have any plans as far as we're aware to introduce Visual Voicemail on the iPhone through our network.

There are 3rd party apps available in the App Store free to download that provide a similar service.

Thanks

Simon

View more options