Skip to content
main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

iOS

Visual Voicemail

SOLVED
View solved solution
3: Seeker Silver
Jeffkinn

Yes, I did. Oddly, they DO have a cooling of period for phones bought in-store but only if with O2. That, at least, may help anyone reading this who wants to take their O2 phone back but thinks they have no cooling off period as they bought it in-store.

Thanks for the tips. I am aware of them (e.g. one is 'Privity of Contract') but I am grateful that you have taken the time to point them out because they are critical.

The store refused a refund so I complained to the company. I am surprised how receptive they have been so far (though that means nothing in itself). If the response is negative, I will send them a Letter Before Claim. After that, I will issue a claim via MCOL. It is a shame - no one wants to go to court.

View more options

Now that we have Phone 6S, does anyone know if there finally any plans to introduce Visual Voicemail?

View more options
Unsure. I use HulloMail which works well and free...
View more options
Community Champion (Retired)

woodstock17 wrote:

Now that we have Phone 6S, does anyone know if there finally any plans to introduce Visual Voicemail?

I wouldn't think so.

Vodafone are more interested in investing in the network infrastructure than providing Visual Voicemail. They have always made it clear that there are no plans on the table to introduce it.

View more options

i just can't see how much effort or cost there is involved in visual voicemail.

seriously if O2 introduced it in 2007...

View more options
1: Seeker

This Visual Voicemail thing is doing my head in. Vodafone have had long enough to implement it, and now i have an apple watch i cant get my voicemail on the watch as it supports visual voisemail. It would just make things alot easyer!!!!!!!!

aaarrrrggghhhhhh

View more options

Were you not aware that Vodafone did not support VVM before taking out a contract?

Vodafone have said in the past that they have no plans to introduce VVM, I guess that they feel customers would prefer the money to be invested in improving network coverage which will benefit more customers than VVM would.

View more options

Disappointing, as corporate switching to Vodafone from O2, and will lose iPhone access to visual voicemail features.

By the way, Vodafone DO SUPPORT Visual voicemail elsewhere, eg Australia...

http://support.vodafone.com.au/articles/FAQ/How-to-activate-Visual-Voicemail

Why not in the UK ??

iPhone 6 on O2 Network >> Vodafone :-(

View more options

Vodafone Uk and Vodafone Australia are to separate companies.

Vodafone UK have always said that they have no plans to support VVM and that is a commercial decision.

If VVM is so important maybe whoever was responsible for switching to Vodafone should have done a little research first.

View more options
17: Community Champion

I use Hullomail - an excellent VV app

View more options
I work with an MVNO that use Vodafone in the UK. We're presently rolling out VVM which I was surprised by. I asked someone about it and it appears to be a commercial rather than technical hurdle. We have an agreement with Apple to roll it out. Not sure on the commercials itself but sounds to me like Vodafone simply are unwilling to pay Apple for this service. Actually one of the (many) reasons I'm thinking leaving VF.
View more options

Vodafone have always said they they have no plans to implement VVM.

This is no doubt a commercial decision that they have taken after considering the financial implications both for and against introducing VVM and the fact that there are apps available for people who really need / want it.

View more options
2: Seeker Bronze

I agree - I was very shocked and disappointed to find that Visual Voicemail isn't available on Vodafone - I've been using it on O2 for years.  I thought all good providers did it.  As soon as O2 can match Vodafone's EU deals, I'll be changing back, unless Vodafone have introduced it by then..!  I've also read that they have it in Australia - so why on earth not here.  How can they claim to be the world's best provider now..?  (And, reading other messages, I don;t think that improved 4G, 5G or whatever and Visual Voicemail should be an either or situation.  Visual Voicemail to be on a par with other providers - it's a no brainer I'd say.  Hugely disappointed - this takes me back almost ten years..!

View more options

It shouldn't be an either/or..!  It should be something to bring Vodafone to a level with its competitors..!

View more options

I agree!

View more options
5: Helper

It's still really disappointing this isn't supported.

I really don't want to leave Vodafone but Vodafone are absolutely horrendous for getting on board with new features.

It's not even like other networks rush to it and Vodafone is waiting to get it right. Take VoLTE for example - both EE and Three have implemented this now.

The only good thing I was happy about with Vodafone was WiFi Calling but even that was half baked because it's designed to support both Calls and SMS over WiFi which Vodafone for whatever reason does not support.

View more options

@tomjames17

This is isn't something we have on our network at the moment, however we'll take your feedback on board.

View more options
5: Helper
@carly
Thanks so much. I think in the past it might have been a gimmick but now it's a feature that matters especially with Apple Watch and Voicemail Transcription. It's a huge loss not having it.
View more options