Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Roaming not working as of June 11

Craig95152
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Currently I'm travelling across Europe. I was in Prague 4 days ago and I bought a SIM card from a Vodafone store. I told the lady behind the counter that I would only be in Prague for 3 days, and then I would continue travelling around Europe. She said that as of June 11, Vodafone is getting rid of its roaming charges, so I could buy a Czech SIM card and on June 11 my data would work in other European countries. I'm in Belgium now, and I can not access the Internet through mobile data.. I'm wondering if I have to do something to set it up? Or did the woman just completely lie to me to scam me into buying a 24 euro SIM card for 3 days????

4 REPLIES 4

63johnw
17: Community Champion

Hi, can you confirm you have a UK vovodafone sim card in your phone and you are trying to use your UK data etc. in Belgium?

I have a Czech SIM card, not U.K. Bought it in Prague 

63johnw

Hi, in that case you would need to take that up with Vodafone Cz as they are different companies linked only by their corporate name.

Vodafone UK, as of June 10th, now allow useage of your UK minutes, data etc with no charge in many european countries. Not sure if Vodafone Cz do the same yet? Its all part of the changes brought about by the EU to reduce roaming costs.

AnnS

Hi @Craig95152

edited after reading reply.

As mentioned by @63johnw, this is something you would need to take up with the Czech network.

It's more than likely a roaming restriction on the Czech network or your internet settings.