cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone and iphone 6 - intermittent issue with 'No Service' that can only be fixed by a restart.

djc1986
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
Hello, there is a problem with the iPhone 6 that periodically (more than once a day) the phones switches to 'no service' and this can only be fixed by restarting the phone or removing and replacing the sim. Apple initially thought this was a hardware issue so have replaced my phone. No change. I have also replaced my sim. No change. I have wiped my whole phone so it has no apps, Apple or 3rd party, no change. Turns out I'm not the only person having this problem:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6579476?start=15&tstart=0

It would appear its a problem with the interaction between Vodafone, 4g and the iPhone 6.

How will this be resolved?

Thanks,

Dan
40 REPLIES 40

Thanks for the tip.  I can't try it at the moment because my phone is working without problems.  Have to say for the last two weeks I have been abroad on my hols.  I went to several different countries, using the local networks at 3G (not 4G) and did not have problems.  The obvious conclusion (but not necessarily correct) is that something is not right with Vodafone in the UK.  Arrived home yesterday and had a text from Vodafone to say they are upgrading the network in my area so there may be 2-3 days disruption over the next 6 weeks.  Maybe after that is doe everything will be OK, at least for me.  Good luck everyone.