Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone has breached terms quoted during iPhone 6 Plus upgrade

shando1986
4: Newbie

So,

like many of you, I have yet to receive a confirmation email for the iPhone 6 Plus I ordered via an Live Chat advisor yesterday morning.

However, I have just spoken to another Advisor who said I should receive this by Monday morning.....

Fair enough. However, the terms and conditions quoted to me during the upgrade yesterday morning were;

"Edward: You will receive a full allocation of minutes, texts and   data, for your new price plan from midnight tonight.
Edward: Your bill will show your old tariff ending today and your new tariff   starting from midnight tonight. Are you happy that your new plan will begin from midnight tonight? For full details about products and services please   refer to the Terms and Conditions with in your upgrade pack, or alternatively, at vodafone.co.uk.  "

Therefore, my new plan should now be live on my contract. Therefore, even though I won't get the phone until next week, I should have access to the entertainment pack available (I opted for Spotify).

I wanted to query this with the Advisor I spoke to today, for which, I got the reply:

"Fred : no these line means that it will be effective from midnigt from day you have received "
"Fred : be rest assure it will only start once you receive the phone
Fred : as phone delivery will start from 19/9/2014 "

Therefore, I would like a definitive answer from Vodafone. When does my new plan begin?

If Edward is correct - I should have access to my free Spotify Premium subscription now - where is it?

If Fred is right, why do your terms and conditions quoted during the upgrade process tell me my new plan should start from midnight on the day of the upgrade?

Its not very professional when your customers are being provided with conflicting information.

Paul

7 REPLIES 7

Jordo__
13: Advanced Member
As far as I am aware, the contract changes from midnight on the day you make the order, so I would imagine your entertainment subscription should be eligible to set up. Trying popping to http://offers.vodafone.com/gb on your current handset with your WiFi disconnected, and you should be able to set the subscription up.

Cjc_iow
4: Newbie
My new price plan started when I got the confirmation email and the text about the entertainment packs came though a few minutes later. I suspect the answer is it starts when your order is confirmed which is normally pretty quick but seems to be delayed for some people because of the high number of orders.

I would totally understand that - however, the terms should not therefore include the question "Your bill will show your old tariff ending today and your new tariff   starting from midnight tonight. Are you happy that your new plan will begin from midnight tonight?".

Just need to wait and see. Perhaps Vodafone should include proper information when they quote their terms and conditions instead of misleading information!

@shando1986 wrote:

I would totally understand that - however, the terms should not therefore include the question "Your bill will show your old tariff ending today and your new tariff   starting from midnight tonight. Are you happy that your new plan will begin from midnight tonight?".

Just need to wait and see. Perhaps Vodafone should include proper information when they quote their terms and conditions instead of misleading information!

I'm in exactly the same position Shando. Only difference is that I upgraded over the phone and was read out all that info. But nothing has happened!!

Terrible service considering the amount of money Vodafone make from us taking upgrades! Fair enough, the system might have struggled to deal with the amount of orders being received - some kind of notification like an email or message on the website to reassure us would have been nice.... lacking in customer service!

I have to say, I think it's a bit of a cheek that the tariff starts immediately on a pre-order anyway, I've gone up to a 4G contract so it's more than my current contract but I don't currently have a 4G phone so for the next week (hopefully not longer) I'm paying for a service I can't use yet. Seems wrong.

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi everyone,

Due to the volume of iPhones being ordered, there can be a slight delay in the activation of your new plan. Apologies to anyone this affects.

Once your tariff shows as updated online, you can text the word 'Entertainment' to 97613. Only do this if you're selecting Spotify though, as the Sky Sports Mobile TV subscription is linked to the handset you initially subscribe on.

Anyone looking to amend or cancel their order can do so within an hour of placing it over the phone or online. After this point, you will need to take delivery of the phone and arrange a return pack.

Thanks,

Ben