Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone insurance on a 6S

Nokturno
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Right quickie from me as my local store are very unhelpful.

I've just ordered the 128gb iPhone 6S from Apple. I currently have a 6+ through vodafone, I've taken out the 7.99 cover against theft or damage.

Can i get this transferred over to my new phone when it arrives? Will it cost extra, or can i take it off the 6+ and put it on the 6S?

Or is it best i sack off that cover and pay for AppleCare+?

Just wanna get all my ducks in a row ready for launch day

Cheers

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion

The answer is no - Vodafone insurance can only be applied to phones supplied by Vodafone. If you've bought a phone from Apple you'll need to take out a different insurance policy. I'd look at one through either house contents or your bank.

There are independent insurers and google will easily point you in there direction.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

View solution in original position

7 REPLIES 7

BandOfBrothers

I would think the insurance cover is on the phone you've taken it out on. Look in the T&C of the cover and speak to Customer support on 191 for official info. 

Ive heard that Apple Care + is going up but even after that it is far better in my opinion than standalone insurances etc. 

some bank accounts offer cover as a perk of the account and Home Contents give cover too. 

T&C & Excess fees apply. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

kids
Community Champion (Retired)

@Nokturno wrote:

Right quickie from me as my local store are very unhelpful.

I've just ordered the 128gb iPhone 6S from Apple. I currently have a 6+ through vodafone, I've taken out the 7.99 cover against theft or damage.

Can i get this transferred over to my new phone when it arrives? Will it cost extra, or can i take it off the 6+ and put it on the 6S?

Or is it best i sack off that cover and pay for AppleCare+?

Just wanna get all my ducks in a row ready for launch day

Cheers

It depends what you want the Insurance to cover.

Whilst Applecare + gives comprehensive cover and Pay Per Incident it will not cover you in case of loss or theft  whereas your existing Insurance most likely does.

jeffkinn

The answer is no - Vodafone insurance can only be applied to phones supplied by Vodafone. If you've bought a phone from Apple you'll need to take out a different insurance policy. I'd look at one through either house contents or your bank.

There are independent insurers and google will easily point you in there direction.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

kids

Has there been a change of policy?

i do know that a couple of years ago Vodafone would accept a phone for insurance if the phone was taken into a Vodafone store and was given an all clear inspection to ascertain it was in good order by the staff.

BandOfBrothers

According to the T&C for Vodafone Insurance as long as your using the Vodafone SIM card in the phone , which I would think would latch it's imei number to the account proving its being used ,and have registered it with the insurance company it's covered. 

"What if you change your Equipment ?

If you upgrade or change your Equipment, You will need to call Vodafone Limited on 191 from a Vodafone mobile or 0333 3040 191* from any other phone. We can then register your new Equipment for Your policy. This is really important as you will only be covered for Theft, Accidental Loss and damage to Equipment which contains Your Vodafone Authorised SIM and which is registered with ACE."

T&C

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

jeffkinn
It's been made clear on this forum before that only equipment supplied by Vodafone can be covered by their insurance policy.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Cheers for the clarification, I'll be cancelling that insurance when the phone arrives

It is a shame - seeing as I cannot buy an iPhone 6S outright from anyone other than Apple for launch anyway