cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone put my iphone in blacklist by mystake!

Newudud
3: Seeker

A couple days ago, suddenly my iphones5s was blocked, unable to make a call.

My iphones5s was from last contract which ended around Jan2015. before upgraded i did unlock the phone, then use it as a spare phone with EE payg sim.

When the phone gone bloked, i went to EE shop ss i thought sim eas brokem, in other hand they said my phone was put in blacklist by vodafone 2days ago!!!!! How come?

1. I called 191, she said she can not do anything because the phone is out of contract, i have to call APPLE!
2. I had chat with APPLE, she said she can not do anything, i have to speak to network provider!!!!!
3. I called back to 191 again, he said he doesnt have this imei number in system, i have to contact EE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am with vodafone more than 5 years with 2-3 different numbers. This make me so upset and furious. Also getting fed up with unprofessional, irresposibiltity of vodafone customer service staff, they gave me wrong advices snd also blaim someone else.

Please suggest what should i supposed to do to unblacklist my phone!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @Newudud

I'm not surprised your becoming frustrated with this. 

Can you try another active SIM card in the phone just as a process of elimination please. 

Apple wouldn't be able to engage with you over this as they are not responsible for an IMEI bar and would not / could not uplift it. 

The Network that is responsible for applying the IMEI bar are the ones that have to lift it. An IMEI block is applied usually to lost or stolen iPhones and I have come across where a wrong iPhone has been blocked. Perseverance will I'm sure resolve this.

The advice about it being out of contract so nothing can be done is poor and incorrect. It can sometimes depend on the knowledge of the agent you Speak to. If this was my situation I would ring customer service and ask either for a super user or 2nd tier support / manager if the frontline agent advhses they couldn't help.

There is also further support via Twitter @vodafoneukhelp and Facebook -> VodafoneUK and also via writing to Customer Relations at the correspondence address at the foot of the forum page. Perhaps sending as Recorded delivery. 

Depending on on when you last used the iPhone on Vodafones network could mean the IMEI number has dropped off their systems. It maybe beneficial to Visit a Vodafone Highstreet Store if convenient and you have one local as they maybe able to note the IMEI number and send that into the relevant department.  

I hope this is resolved ASAP. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers

Hi @Newudud

I'm not surprised your becoming frustrated with this. 

Can you try another active SIM card in the phone just as a process of elimination please. 

Apple wouldn't be able to engage with you over this as they are not responsible for an IMEI bar and would not / could not uplift it. 

The Network that is responsible for applying the IMEI bar are the ones that have to lift it. An IMEI block is applied usually to lost or stolen iPhones and I have come across where a wrong iPhone has been blocked. Perseverance will I'm sure resolve this.

The advice about it being out of contract so nothing can be done is poor and incorrect. It can sometimes depend on the knowledge of the agent you Speak to. If this was my situation I would ring customer service and ask either for a super user or 2nd tier support / manager if the frontline agent advhses they couldn't help.

There is also further support via Twitter @vodafoneukhelp and Facebook -> VodafoneUK and also via writing to Customer Relations at the correspondence address at the foot of the forum page. Perhaps sending as Recorded delivery. 

Depending on on when you last used the iPhone on Vodafones network could mean the IMEI number has dropped off their systems. It maybe beneficial to Visit a Vodafone Highstreet Store if convenient and you have one local as they maybe able to note the IMEI number and send that into the relevant department.  

I hope this is resolved ASAP. 

Current Phone  >

Just to add. 

Online options such as CheckMend can be used to also check a phones status. Other options are available online too. 

Current Phone  >

Newudud
Thank you very much, i will try pop in store today.

BandOfBrothers

You're welcome. 

I wish you all the best.  

Current Phone  >