Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone's Apple Reseller ID

PleaseHelpMe123
1: Seeker

Hi,

Like many organisations may eventually utilise, we have decided to enrol our Apple devices (purchased as part of a Vodafone business tariff) on to the Apple Deployment Program.

In order to sign up for this, Apple request several pieces of information including your business D-U-N-S number but also the Apple reseller ID from the company you obtained the devices from.

I have tried contacting Vodafone custtomer services for this info who were unable to provide.

Please can someone let me know Vodafone's Apple Reseller ID so that our business can register our devices on Apple new deployment program? This is the final step and we are at a loss of where to find this information out as Vodafone customer services so far have been unable to provide this information.

I am sure that this will become a more frequently asked question when the uptake of the program starts to take off.

Thanks

21 REPLIES 21

does anyone knows which teams handles Apple DEP at Vodafone, i had been trying to get through to right team since last week overe several call for upto an hour and half, still being passed around to various teams!!!! wish if this simple request for asking Vodafone's resellers DEP ID would be answered by the business manager.

Does anyone know how and to which team we need to check for Vodafone's DEP ID???

Nabs
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

@NIT_17 if your business account manager is unable to provide this informatin I woudl assume that @Cailen's statement above still stands

Hi there,

We've been helping our customers with DEP enrolment for a while now.  Whilst I cannot think of a valid reason why this Reseller ID couldn't be posted here, I'll let Vodafone decide if and when they wish to do so.

However, the DEP Reseller ID is only half the battle - if your Vodafone account manager doesn't know how to add your devices onto your account, then you won't be able to enrol them into your MDM/EMM solution anyway.

For this reason, we usually walk our customers through the DEP process (indeed we run regular webinars on this) and also introduce them to the responsible team at Vodafone to complete the necessary steps.

Happy to help but don't want this to be seen as an advert either.

DM me?

Jason

(blank - message deleted)

hi Jason , how and whom do i need to contact. we already have our DEP ID issued by Apple and want to enroll the device recently purchased from Vodafone.

**EDITED**

Hi @NIT_17 & @bridgeway

As of February 2016 Vodafone support for DEP is available in the UK.

Any iOS devices purchased from Vodafone on or after 1 March 2011 can be enrolled in DEP. All iOS devices must use iOS 7 or later and all Mac computers must have OS X Mavericks v10.9 or later.

Support for Apple’s DEP is for Vodafone Global Enterprise, Large Enterprise and Public Sector UK customers.

There’s no charge from Apple for customers to join the DEP. Vodafone also won’t charge for enrolling devices.

You must speak to your Business Account Manager to process this. 

As @bridgeway mentioned, if any Vodafone Employee is unsure they have internal access to all Device Enrollment Program information.

Let me know how you get on, 

Sarah

Hi Sarah,

Jason 

** EDIT - My thanks to Sarah for correcting her post and clarifying Vodafone's position, which reflects our experience there as well.  Thank you.  🙂

Didn't have this issue as a Vodafone Personal customer - just enrolled and done. Sad thing is there are many differences between Business and Personal - the service from Business CS makes Personal CS look like a total joke - both on the advice offered and the time spent waiting to get through

If there is no charge from Apple or Vodafone for the Apple DEP, then why is Vodafone only restricting DEP to corporate companies? DEP is available for anyone, there are no restrictions.

Please advise?

Carly
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @armhead,

This is something that you'll need to discuss with your account manager. There's no restrictions for our side or Apple's side.

If you do get to the bottom of this, please let us know what happened.

Thanks