Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone wont repair broken iphone!

nhuston
2: Seeker

The screenn went on my iphone 4, the phone still worked, received calls and messages, synced ok etc, just couldnt see the screen! Took it to Vodafone, after 2 and a half weeks they eventually told me that they wouldnt repair it as they think its water damaged! Its never been near water, and its only 3 months old so this is just a fob off!!! To make matters worse they said that it would cost £150 tp repair - and this was not the cost of the repair, but the fact that different phones come in different price brackets, so had it been a less expensive phone, then the cost would be £65 - its only £150 as its an iphone! Not content with charging me £120 for the phone and £35 every month for 2 years - Vodafone just turn their back when it breaks! Ive been a Vodafone customer for 10 years but this is the last!

24 REPLIES 24

Vodafone are absolutley useless in repairing phones

i had to send a sony ericsson satio (the phone was a shed i know) back 4 times before they even thought about replacing it

Get yourself to the nearest apple store or send the phone in

Apple are excellent in customer service chances are you will get it replaced without any hastle at all

i think everyone should take a leaf out of their book their customer service is unbeliveably good

I just sent my phone for repair a week or so ago and I've been told today that they want £100 to repair it as its been dropped.  I'm furious as my pnone has never been dropped and is only 5 months old.

I'm disspointed that my cynicism has been proved right.  I knew they would claim damage as soon as they said in the shop 'Oh by the way if your phone is damaged......' 

My phone's been in a hard case since the day I bought it and there is no damage on it at all.  I've told them to send the phone back so it'll be interesting to see the 'damage' when I get it back.  I only sent it for repair as it had a bit of a dodgy battery.

After 10 years and 2 current contracts I've had enought.  My experience with vodafone and their value for money is getting worse every year.

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi there Clare

I am sorry to read the problems you have had getting your iphone repaired.

As has been mentioned on the forum on previous threads, dont take your iphone to Vodafone for repair, if you can take it direct to an Apple store for a Genius to take a look at the problem.

Apple are very keen to protect the credibility of their products and if you have a battery problem, they will quickly get the phone fixed for you.  If it should be a manufacturing fault, you could even come out of the store with a brand new iphone in your hands.

Re water damage.. I saw a watchdog type programme. There is something inside of the phones and if it turns red it supposedly indicates water damage.. the programme took brand new phones and approx 70% of them were "water damaged" just out of the store.. This is something Apple need to address!

Jane1111

I've had a similar case with a Samsung Galaxy S. No where near water yet the repair centre say there is "liquid damage" and want to charge me £100 to repair. Cheaper because it's not an iphone i suppose. My word against theirs. I too am left with paying a contract with no phone or only my years old one to use that is not as easy to access interent/apps etc as the Galaxy. What a rip off!!

I am in the same postion has the op.

had my iphone 4 about 10 months now and have always taken very good care of it and got the yellow streak in the screen which seems is common only found out by googling it.

sent phone to vodafone and got the same reply water damaged and £150 charge to sort

i dont think so

never been wet once or near water or bathroom

seem i got fobbed off too.

unless this is sorted out at no cost i will be a ex vodafone customer comme Jan 2012 after almost 8 years with them

Hi dazlicous,

Unfortunately if our engineers have deemed the fault to be caused by moisture damage there isn’t much that we can do other than send it off again to be re assessed.

The other option that you have is to take this into an apple genius bar for the fault to be assessed and repaired as you are still under the initial 12 month warranty period.

If Apple then deem this to also be caused by water damage, there is nothing that can be done.

James

eForum Team

sorry but i will take it to a apple store and they replace it because its not water damaged then i will No how much a rip off Vodafone really are

also to point out vodafone haven't even opened the phone to check inside just that a indicator is pink. seem the iphone has a over sensive indicator after google and speaking to watchdog.

soon as i get to a apple store i will post there response

well i am well disappointed now with Vodafone

picked up my fault iphone from the store that they are saying is water damaged and i asked the girl

which indicator has been triggered to see that its water damaged and she checked the phone and both indicators are still white

so what the hell are the repair centre on about 

Hi dazlicous

Thanks for your post here. I appreciate how frustrating this must be for you but please remember that our repair centres are qualified to check for water damage, whereas our store staff can only check for what indicators they think are there.

I’m afraid we can do nothing more if our repair centre have said that the phone is water damaged.

My suggestion is to pop into an Apple store for them to take a look.

Thanks

Wayne

eForum Team