Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

VodafoneWifi (London Underground) not working on iPhone 6s

GDL_UK
4: Newbie

Hi,

I'm having difficulties connecting to VodafoneWifi SSID on the London Underground with my iPhone 6s. It prompts for a password only, not a username and password - and my vodafone.co.uk password doesn't work (see attached).

The instructions on http://www.vodafone.co.uk/shop/internet/wi-fi/ , say:

"You should be able to connect in seconds." and "If you can’t get a connection, check you have a bundle with data included – and that you’ve chosen VodafoneWiFi."

I have BT-Wifi and a 2GB data package in my plan.

Googling this seems to suggest that it is SIM based (EAP) authentication to the Vodafone secured wireless hotspot. Everytime I speak with 191, they say its my vodafone.co.uk password or that its because I have a personal account as opposed to my corporate account, which works perfectly.

Does anyone have any ideas? I chose Vodafone for my personal account because the Splash screen on VirginMediaWifi is annoying.

Thanks, Gareth

5 REPLIES 5

Retired-Charles
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@GDL_UK - You need to follow the steps exactly as they state on our website.

You specifically need to ensure you hit the browser button which will take you to the portal. Then choose the Vodafone icon - once on the Vodafone registration page, enter your My Vodafone username and password.

robert99
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
You can begin by checking if all the software updates are in order or not? may be you forgot to update.
Try logging in through Vodafone registration page in a browser or vodafone app

@GDL_UK wrote:

Hi,

I'm having difficulties connecting to VodafoneWifi SSID on the London Underground with my iPhone 6s. It prompts for a password only, not a username and password - and my vodafone.co.uk password doesn't work (see attached).

The instructions on http://www.vodafone.co.uk/shop/internet/wi-fi/ , say:

"You should be able to connect in seconds." and "If you can’t get a connection, check you have a bundle with data included – and that you’ve chosen VodafoneWiFi."

I have BT-Wifi and a 2GB data package in my plan.

Googling this seems to suggest that it is SIM based (EAP) authentication to the Vodafone secured wireless hotspot. Everytime I speak with 191, they say its my vodafone.co.uk password or that its because I have a personal account as opposed to my corporate account, which works perfectly.

Does anyone have any ideas? I chose Vodafone for my personal account because the Splash screen on VirginMediaWifi is annoying.

Thanks, Gareth

I've had a new sim card and it is still not working - the authentication appears to be SIM based, like the Auto BT wifi spots but isn't working.

I'm on iOS 9.2.1 (13D15) and vodafone UK 23.1.

As I said, it works fine through the Vodafone registration page, but the vodafone website says (http://www.vodafone.co.uk/shop/internet/wi-fi/😞

This has never worked for me since the 3GS (I Think) I've had new phones and sims since as well as changing the password on my account.

Good luck in trying to fix it, if you find a soloution please report back as I have given up :smileyvery-happy: