cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodaphone sim doesnt work in vodaphone phone???

Skhanom
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
I have got a contract with vodaphone on a iphone 6. However it does not let me use my sim as it says it is locked and cannot be usez! How is this possible?! I got the sim and contract TOGETHER
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

drey_p
16: Advanced member

That would be the cause of your issue.  Any iPhone that is supplied by a third party will lock to the first SIM card you insert in the device and as a result your handset is now locked to O2.  This should have been made clear to you at the point of sale although they do state it online here.  You should have activated the phone first using your Vodafone SIM card to prevent this from happening.  You're now going to have to contact O2 in order to get the handset unlocked. 

PWIAC

View solution in original position

7 REPLIES 7

drey_p

Hi there

What is the exact error you are getting?  Have you activated the iPhone? 

PWIAC

I took out a contract with vodaphone. However as i still have a contract with o2 i inserted my o2 sim and activated the phone just to transfer some numbers. After i took it out and tried to use my vodaphone sim it said that the phone is locked and i have to contact the sim carrier.

drey_p

Was the contract taken out directly with Vodafone or through a third party?

PWIAC

Took it out via carphone warehouse

drey_p

That would be the cause of your issue.  Any iPhone that is supplied by a third party will lock to the first SIM card you insert in the device and as a result your handset is now locked to O2.  This should have been made clear to you at the point of sale although they do state it online here.  You should have activated the phone first using your Vodafone SIM card to prevent this from happening.  You're now going to have to contact O2 in order to get the handset unlocked. 

PWIAC

Thank you so much. Will be contacting CW tommorow and have sent a iphone unlock form to o2. Hope this gets sorted out as i am runnig out of paitience

drey_p

Good luck - I hope that they sort this out for you.

PWIAC