Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Voicemail Icon Alert not working with iOS10

Robert1988
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi, has anyone else had issues with Voicemail Icon Alert not working since updating to iOS10? Since updating, however many voicemails that are left, no red dot will appear on the Voicemail icon. Was working fine on iOS9.

Have had to resort to changing to text message alert until I can find a fix.

9 REPLIES 9

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi,

Have you tried turning it off and then back on to see if that resets it. Turn off by dialling 1210 and turn back on via 1211

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hi, just tried that but it won't turn my VM off, even though the voice prompt says it has.

BandOfBrothers

Hmmm

I wonder if cancel all diverts may work !

"If you no longer wish to divert your calls to your voicemail or another number, you need to cancel the diverts.

1. Cancel all diverts
Press Phone.
Press Keypad.
Key in ##002# and press the call icon.
2. Return to the home screen
Press the Home key to return to the home screen."

and then turn it back on. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

amjbrown
4: Newbie
Same here. Missed 18 messages. Vodafone support deleted and recreated my VM when they were trying to help. Then I realised that it was the icon alert that was broken. The support chap phoned back and I tried to explain the issue. He kept asking about a flashing red light! Explained it was an iPhone and he said he would escalate but I don't think he understood. 10/10 for effort though.

Did anyone find out how to solve this issue? I've just worked out that mine is not working either - I've tried switching the phone on/off, switching voicemail on/off, changing alert to txt (works fine) then back to icon, and still it doesn't work properly! sometimes it will flash up but then disappears again.

Carly
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@smithmw

Are you still having the same issue with your voicemail? If so, it may be worth contacting the Apple support page to check if there's a resolution to this.

garethr
12: Established
12: Established
But this is a Vodafone issue which Apple will be unlikely to resolve. Please provide an update on whether there is a resolution available.

Ditto - me too - agreed it's a Vodafone problem rather than an Apple problem - so really hoping for a solution from Vodafone, as at the moment I'm paying for a voicemail service that I cannot use.

Colleen
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi everyone, 

We've been made aware by Apple that there's an issue with the voicemail notification icon on the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus. Apple are working to get this sorted as soon as possible, but are unable to provide a timescale for when this will be fixed. 

For the time being, you can change your settings to receive voicemail text alerts (by calling 121 and following the prompts to change it).