cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

WHy is my daughter's phone unable to contact me?

madmartha
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello

I'm not sure if this is right place to ask this question.  My daughter and I both have an Apple iPhone 4s. Recently she has been unable to contact me either by calling or texting.  Her calls are going straight to my voicemail, even when we are 2 foot from each other and both have full signal.  When she sends texts they showing as sent from her phone but never reach me.  She has also recently been bombarded with calls and texts offering her advice with her debts and pensions etc.  As she is 11, this is not something she should be receiving and because she is only 11 I need to make sure she is able to get in contact with me whenever she needs too.

Has anyone got any ideas why this is happening?

Many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

drey_p
16: Advanced member
Hi there

It sounds like you've blocked your daughter on your phone... This will block all calls and texts from the person. You can unblock her by bring up your contacts and scrolling down to her details in the list. Then press the "i" next to her name and scroll down. There should be an option to block or unblock her.

PWIAC

View solution in original position

3 REPLIES 3

drey_p
Hi there

It sounds like you've blocked your daughter on your phone... This will block all calls and texts from the person. You can unblock her by bring up your contacts and scrolling down to her details in the list. Then press the "i" next to her name and scroll down. There should be an option to block or unblock her.

PWIAC

Thank you.  I had somehow managed to block her number and have now unblocked it.  However, it still wont connect to my phone or send messages.  Any other ideas?

drey_p

It sounds like it is still picking up that the number is blocked.  Try rebooting your handset and then adding and removing the block again.

PWIAC