cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

What compensation discounts have people gotten and how?

MarkDHughes91
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Sick of waiting for my 7 Plus 128GB Black to be delivered now. Had several opportunities to buy one same day from Apple and collect in store. What sort of discounts or compensation have people gotten for staying with Vodafone and how have you gone about getting it??

9 REPLIES 9

Raj747
6: Helper
6: Helper

I was told that vodafone pays 5£ for each week delayed.

Shakini
4: Newbie

£20 one off credit applied to the account (although I'm still waiting to see it appear on my online account).

30% off line rental for the length of the 12 month contract (text received as confirmation but again - yet to appear on my online account).

A couple of others have managed to get 40% off and some fairly hefty cash discounts. 

Retired-Cara_B
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @MarkDHughes91

Our official policy is that we're not providing compensation for delays with the iPhone 7 as this shortage is something that's affecting all providers.

Cara

I've received £120, so far...

@cara_b What about compensating for dire customer service, broken promises and a complete lack of communciation?

Yes Cara this is affecting other providers but not to the same extent, nowhere near it, plus those providers never made the promises that Vodafone made during the pre-order weekend - that was misselling and certainly should be compensated for. 

@Cara_B wrote:

Hi @MarkDHughes91

Our official policy is that we're not providing compensation for delays with the iPhone 7 as this shortage is something that's affecting all providers.

Cara

Not EE though, they seem to be getting stock daily: https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Apple/iPhone-7-and-iPhone-7-Plus-Delivery-Information/m-p/474245#M3320...

kids
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

@ssrij But EE are also suffering from conflicting information.

We’ve noticed comments that you are ringing EE for clarification and, in some cases, you’re receiving conflicting information from what was stated here in the EE Community.

@kids wrote:

@ssrij But EE are also suffering from conflicting information.

We’ve noticed comments that you are ringing EE for clarification and, in some cases, you’re receiving conflicting information from what was stated here in the EE Community.

Doesnt matter, at least they have an active forum thread with detailed and up to date updates, they literally update every day. Vodafone on the other hand, no matter on phone, email, social media or forum, do not provide the same level of communication and information as EE.

Also, they publically accept that the info provided by some CS agents is incorrect and recommend people to check the forum thread for most up to date info.