cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

What is the cheapest way to get an iPhone 6?

MattEly
3: Seeker
3: Seeker
I would really like one of these shiney new IPhone 6's but I'm a student and trying to find the cheapest deal.

I use very few calls, texts or Internet and do as much as I can through wifi and internet calling. My contract ended last month, so am free to do whatever.

Has anyone got any advice on what a cheep option for me is? Or been through this decision making process recently?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
Hi

You could sell your current phone to collate some funds and buy one from the  store. They are fully unlocked and that way can be cheaper in the long run.

Or shops Like CEX sell traded in phones.

Take your SIM card to try in it to ensure it accepts your Vodafone one and if your buying an unlocked model ask them to try another networks sim rd in it to prove its unlocked. They have them as they test phones before buying them off people when testing them.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
Hi

You could sell your current phone to collate some funds and buy one from the  store. They are fully unlocked and that way can be cheaper in the long run.

Or shops Like CEX sell traded in phones.

Take your SIM card to try in it to ensure it accepts your Vodafone one and if your buying an unlocked model ask them to try another networks sim rd in it to prove its unlocked. They have them as they test phones before buying them off people when testing them.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

jeffkinn

There is nothing cheap about iPhones and the tariffs are quire expensive. 

The cheapest tariff is for an iPhone 6 16GB memory and that £39 a month with £99 upfront. That gives you 1000 minutes, unlimited texts and 1GB of data.

Make sure that is enough for you and especially make sure that 16GB memory is enough because it gets used up very quickly.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Thanks for the info.

When do you think that the price will come down?

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

The prices typically start to go down a bit after the new version of the handset is released.  So, wait until a newer iPhone comes out and see what the prices do.  Normally, new iPhones come out in September based on previous launches. 

PWIAC

By paying as little as possible., but honestly you have to calculate to monthly cost for the length of the contract along with the upfont cost to work out which is the best value for money.