Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Why Can They Not Get This Right?

shanerae123
4: Newbie

I have been on contract with Voda fone for over ten years.  I have ordered every iphone that has come out, always on launch day.  The experience has always been exactly the same- TOTAL SHAMBLES.

I have been waiting for this day for 6 months.

I have been trying to order since 7:45am today.  As of 10:11am I have still not been able to order.

The website keeps crashing.

The Chat does not work.

To get through on ANY menu option from the CS telephone service you get stuffed into a queue.  I waited in this queue for over an hour this morning, then the call dropped out.  I am back in the queue now.

Why doesn't Vodafone ever predict the volume of traffic and prepare propery?  Answer:  they could care less about their customers.  They may even hate their customers.

I bet that by the time I get through, they'll tell me something rediculous like 'it will be between 2-4 weeks for your handset to be delivered'.

16 REPLIES 16

rosie111
4: Newbie

The website seems to be working for me, have you tried again?

website is now working (2 hours later).  However, it cannot handle my order.  Apparently I HAVE to speak to someone.

Still unable to get through on phone.

Jimster
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I've got to say, I agree with you 100%, I don't know why vodafone don't spend a little bit more cash on upgrading their web servers to handle traffic on times of high load.

at least they aren't as bad as o2 and ee

their website stopped working almost immediately and still aren't back on

I think you'll find every networks website wasn't working. I tried EE, Three and even Apple's own website and they were all not working. Demand for this product is extremly high. There are complains from lots of customers from every network about the same thing. 

I called at 7.59, was on hold for 50 minutes, by which time I was in a vodafone store. I ordered my upgrade there and then and was the first person in the store. Lucky boy!!

I don't care about the other networks.  I have two (iphone) contracts with vodafone.  

What I'm asking is why it's the same EVERY year?  

We known what the phone will look like, what it would do, and the launch date for MONTHS.  Why can't vodafone prepare properly?

Yellow13
13: Advanced Member

Launch date known for months? It was announced Tuesday evening by Apple wasn't it?

Nope, the launch date, along with all of the leaked photos and spec details etc has been known for months.  Originally they thought it would launch at the July event.

Yellow13
13: Advanced Member

Not sure what I was watching Tuesday then