Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Why is Vodafone so bad at CS?

shane_r
4: Newbie
Even though Apple's approach to launch has never changed, why does Vodafone get it wrong every single launch of a new iPhone? They never learn from their astonishing mistakes. I have been with Vodafone through every iPhone they've offered and it is still EXACTLY the same experience:

Lies
Broken promises
Misinformation
Inaccurate stock reporting
Unexplained delays
Missing emails and texts

This will forever be a textbook case of how NOT to treat your customers. I have actually heard MBA lectures refer to Vodafone as a 'how not to do it' example.

The tariffs go up and the customer service goes backwards.
12 REPLIES 12

earoles55
4: Newbie

if you look on the community forums for o2 and other networks you'll see its all the same. nothing will run smoothly when millions of people want the same thing on the same day. Apple do better than other sellers because its their product, and there is less of a chain between supplier and customer.

In my opinion vodafone's reaction to a new iphone release has improved considerably since they were permitted to sell the 3GS in Jan 2010.  When you consider the sheer volume of orders that are coming through in such a small period of time, things can go wrong, and obviously those that tend to have problems will post on these forums rather than the thousands that have no issues whatsoever.  What doesn't help the mobile operators is apple's stance of allowing demand to vastly exceed stock levels, which leads to customer disappointment when a pre-order doesn't turn up on launch day.

I disagree I have both Vodafone and Sky TV and the customer services are like heaven and hell. Sky are knowledgeable polite and helpful Vodafone simply never seem to know what they are doing. The foreign call centre pple border on the rude and always make you feel like they are doing you a favour! You ring one time and one tells you this ring another time and you are told the exact opposite

No they are not

GavinKemp
12: Established
12: Established

As above, I used to be with O2. What a shower of ###### they were! 

You have to remember that all the companies have the same issues and only have the same amount of people to deal with these problems..

If You can avoid customer services and deal with your issues on here then I'm sure you will have a much better experience. 

Part time Vodafone customer, Full time Blackberry & Apple beta tester and iOs Dev....
Proud iPhone 4S, 5 and iPad 3 owner :Laughing_Face: Follow Me On Twitter: MaxdMerc

Gotta go with the others here.  My experience is:

Vodafone make mistakes, rectifies them, and apologies.  Yes it's frustrating and they don't always seem to learn from their mistakes, but at least they rectify them.  Not perfect by any stretch, but at least...<read on>

O2 makes mistakes, blame you for them, and then pursue you through legal chanels for a mistake they made.  They essentially stole £1200 from my bank account when someone at O2 "hit the wrong button", gave it me back when I went mental, and then pursued me via lawyers to get it back again saying I "owed it to them".  Awesome.

So yeah, all mobile phone companies suck.  But which one sucks the least?

Until last week I had had 10 years of excellent service and nothing but praise for VF, all I want is a straight answer and to be treated fairly! VF have treated me like a dog over the last week, they should be ashamed, all I want to do is GIVE THEM MORE MONEY UPFRONT FOR MY I5 AND INCREASE MY TARRIF AND GET MY PHONE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE IN RETURN WITHOUT BEING LIED TO OR GIVEN FALSE INFORMATION OR PROMISES NO ONE INTENDS TO KEEP!! HOW SIMPLE IS THAT?

I have to disagree whole heartedly with all but the last poster.

I have upgraded each iPhone model with Vodafone, since Vodafone was able to offer them.  The experience has been identical.  This forum has been filled with identical stories of lies and frustration-and endless ######-ups.  Vodafone have 100% NOT improved this experience.

The most frustrating thing is not the low stock (Apple's fault) it's Vodafone's inability to upscale it's CS team (or at least properly train them) when they know this launch event is coming.  It's not a suprise anymore, it's a KNOWN event on VF's annual roadmap-why not put any planning into it?

And they NEVER apologise, not in a way that comes close to addressing the level of their failure.

Oh, and people new to Vodafone, check your monthly bills very closely.  When I first moved to an iphone tariff they doubled my bill (due to a clerical error) for the first few months.

And now we learn they dont even pay tax!