Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

WiFi Calling Poor Quality with iPhone 7

jonspittle
12: Established
12: Established

Hi all,

I've had my iPhone 7 for about 2/3 months now and the WiFi calling quality is pretty much appalling, to the point that I have to turn it off because the other person can barley hear me, however I can hear them clearly.

I previously had an S7 edge (not purchased through Vodafone) which I managed to eventually get WiFi calling on it to work and that seemed pretty decent, however since moving to an iPhone 7 I struggle with the quality of WiFi calling.

I've noticed on another thread (http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Android/wifi-calling-s8-plus/td-p/2558107) that a fair few people are experiencing similar problems with the quality and also have turned off WiFi calling, therefore this tells me that this is an inherit problem with Vodafone and not a device or software specific problem.

Is anyone aware if Vodafone are looking into this at all?

Thanks.

(P.s Implementing the feature to send an SMS via WiFi calling would great to add asap)

Sent from my Note 20 Ultra.

2 REPLIES 2

Will
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @jonspittle

That does seem odd. We haven't heard anything about the quality of Wi-Fi Calling on the iPhone 7 but I've asked our technical team if any other reports have been sent in.

Once we've got an update, we'll be back in touch to let you know.

Thanks,

Will

Hi guys. I am, and have been for months, getting the same problem. Irrespective of connection and where I am. At home I have 70MB down and 20MB up bandwidth and on fibre - so solid. As soon as I switch off wifi, the call is fine over the GSM network but every single time on WiFiCall its hopeless. I have now deactivated it on my phone but it was one of the reasons I went with Vodafone at the time.