Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

WiFi calling problem

mr_noble
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

My sure signal box was playing up a lot, and after many calls to VF a nice chap told me that I should bin it and use wifi calling instead.

He enabled it and I turned on the feature on my iphone 7.

So far, at home in the last 2 weeks , I've seen the "vodofone wifi calling" logo on my iPhone screen about 3 times. The rest of the time, I have 1 or 2 bars of GPRS and can't really receive or make calls on my mobile while at home. (Just about possible by an upstairs bedroom window)

Is it just me suffering with a terribly intermittent wifi calling feature?

Are there things I can try to reboot?

Is the router I use likely to be the issue??

Thank you for any halp.

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

I think the phone will latch onto signal as much as possible and if that fails then calling over wifi is the fallback. 

Have you tried turning off 3G to force 2G to see if that helps stabilise calls. 

Calling over wifi FAQs.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

jeffkinn

Wi Fi calling is there when you have no signal or hardly any signal. I still use my Sure Signal at home as my signal is about the same as yours.

You could put the phone into airplane mode and then turn Wi Fi on. That would work but you wouldn't receive text messages (but you would get iMessages).

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

That's not what's happening.

My phone currently saiy "No Serivie" and is right next to the router that is connected fine.

No WiFi calling is occurring.  I have tried making a call, and it failed.

There is certainly an issue with it on my phone. (But it did work for an hour this morning).

Hi @mr_noble

The best way forward is to call our technical support team on 191 from a Vodafone mobile or call 03333 040 191 from any other line and we will look into this for you. 

Louise