Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Wifi Calling not working on iPhone 6s - Red Bundles

adpwalker
2: Seeker

Anybody else having problems with Wifi Calling on new iPhone 6s?

Feeling a bit miffed that after shelling out on Vodafone for a state of the art iPhone phone with 4G it seems that Vodafone is not supporting this on a £44 per month tarrif with data!!!!

It is a basic feature of the phone and I have already forked out for Sure Signal so Vodafone should make wi-fi calling available to all iPhone 6 Monthly payment 4G customers regardless of tarrif.

17 REPLIES 17

adpwalker
Yes, spoke to 2 teams, some were not even aware of wifi calling. They were unable to get it going seemed to be getting error messages. I have done everything they ask at my end but to no avail.

The only other thing I noticed is that i am on £44 per month 4G plan with 1000 mins, unlimited texts and 1GB data but I am not sure if that is classed as a 'RED' plan. In the mall print for wifi calling it says you have to be on a red plan and pay monthly.

If my tarriff is not red then vodafone are taking the mickey selling me an iphone 6s without supporting a basic feature. After llnI only need wifi calling because their network coverage is not good where ai live hence using Sure Signal 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Have you tried the tips highlighted by @Kids in https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Pay-monthly-products-services/iPhone-6s-Wifi-Calling/m-p/2434917/hig...

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

@adpwalker wrote:
Yes, spoke to 2 teams, some were not even aware of wifi calling. They were unable to get it going seemed to be getting error messages. I have done everything they ask at my end but to no avail.

The only other thing I noticed is that i am on £44 per month 4G plan with 1000 mins, unlimited texts and 1GB data but I am not sure if that is classed as a 'RED' plan. In the mall print for wifi calling it says you have to be on a red plan and pay monthly.

If my tarriff is not red then vodafone are taking the mickey selling me an iphone 6s without supporting a basic feature. After llnI only need wifi calling because their network coverage is not good where ai live hence using Sure Signal 2

Have you checked your welcome email if you recieved one? It should specifically refernce that it is a RED plan.

adpwalker
It was and end if contract upgrade. I didn't receive a welcome email

adpwalker

Just had another web chat with vodafone.

They confirmed that I am on a RED tariff however Wifi Calling cannot be activated on my iPhone 6s because wifi calling is only available on London,Glasgow,Leeds and Birmingham !!!!!

Vodafone should fess up and make it clear to people what is being provided so they don't waste needless time trying to get it going.

pocpot
4: Newbie
I couldn't get it to work. Called customer services and they had to activate it their end. I'm in Derbyshire so the region thing is rubbish. Just can't send sms over wifi calling yet

pocpot
4: Newbie
Web advisers seem to lie. Personal experience.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I was successfully using wi-fi calling on iPhone 6s on one of my contracts. Now using second contract SIM in phone and can't get it to work. Have a compatible tariff and called Friday to have it activated. 5 days later and spoken to six advisors and just can't get it to activate. Vodafone are blaming my handset. It's not the handset. Just keep getting message telling me to contact carrier.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've been told today I have an old-type SIM, which isn't compatible with wi-fi calling so they're sending me a new one.