Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Wifi calling coming on iPhone 6?

muirwoods
4: Newbie

My iPhone 6 Plus has just updated the carrier settings to version 23.1. Is this a sign that Wifi Calling is about to be enabled for the device? The menu structure hasn't change to give the Wifi Calling option.

7 REPLIES 7

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi

In the Wifi Link http://www.vodafone.co.uk/explore/network/network-improvements/wi-fi-calling/index.htm

It says 

"A compatible device:

iPhone 6s or 6s Plus

A Samsung Galaxy S6 or S6 edge bought directly from Vodafone at one of our stores, online or by phone through our customer service team"

So the iPhone 6 may not be signed off yet. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

@BandOfBrothers wrote:

Hi

In the Wifi Link http://www.vodafone.co.uk/explore/network/network-improvements/wi-fi-calling/index.htm

It says 

"A compatible device:

iPhone 6s or 6s Plus

A Samsung Galaxy S6 or S6 edge bought directly from Vodafone at one of our stores, online or by phone through our customer service team"

So the iPhone 6 may not be signed off yet. 

Thanks. I'd read that. But your response doesn't address the question.

BandOfBrothers

Sorry I thought I had in the very last part of my reply. 

:smileyembarrassed:

Typically we should find out by seeing a change to the information in the link I added ,and or watch out on Vodafones Blog.  

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

@BandOfBrothers wrote:

Sorry I thought I had in the very last part of my reply. 

:smileyembarrassed:

Typically we should find out by seeing a change to the information in the link I added ,and or watch out on Vodafones Blog.  

Thanks for taking the time to respond, but no - the original question was about whether the carrier update to version 23.1 was a sign that Wifi Calling was imminent. Please don't be embarrassed!! :smileysad:

It's possible this isn't wifi calling but VoLTE being enabled. Unfortunately, there's no 4G near me so I can't check. I'll move this query to a more suitable section.

muirwoods
4: Newbie

Hi all

My iPhone 6 Plus has just updated the carrier setting to version 23.1. A menu setting for Voice and Data on 4G has appeared, which I'm sure wasn't there before. Is this VoLTE being enabled? I've no 4G near me, so I can't check for myself.

I've updated my carrier settings to the latest version. I can see the Voice and Data for 4G, but when I try to make a call it still drops to 3G. So I have no ideea what this new carrier file has actually updated.