Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Wrong iphone 7 delivered

xxxyyyzzz555
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I pre-ordered Jet Black and had a Rose Gold delivered today.

Called vodafone to organise an exchange but was told they can't do an exchange as they have no jet black so they will just have to process as a return (which effectively cancels the upgrade).

I was offered the chance to accept £30 on the account and keep the wrong phone which I did not take up

I asked them to re-instate the upgrade but was told I am not able to restart the upgrade process until they have the returned phone. I have to wait until I receive a returns envelope before I can return it.

Once the phone is back in stock and the return is finalised I can restart the upgrade process and join the back of the queue (which I was told will be 6-8 weeks).

Long story short: Vodafone deliver me the wrong phone and now I won't see the right phone for weeks if not months. Loads of wasted time / effort / expense on both sides.

Not happy.

5 REPLIES 5

ben796
4: Newbie

Similar problem for me. I ordered a jet black 128gb iphone 7 plus, received a jet black 128gb iphone 7. I had an idea it was wrong when I saw the tracking details, so I spoke to a Vodafone agent who reassured me it was definitely an iphone 7 plus. Receive the parcel today and surprise, surprise, wrong phone. Manager never called me back as promised and now I am in your position, I need to return the phone and I now don't have a phone to use as my old one is broken!

ssrij
8: Helper
8: Helper
@ben796 Another fail by Vodafone. That Jet Black 128GB iPhone 7 could'be been delivered to me instead of sending it to someone who's expecting a 7 Plus. I pre ordered the Jet Black 128GB iPhone 7 on 9th and still haven't got it. Ugh

Monty88
3: Seeker
3: Seeker
I don't have it either I haven't had a confirmation email of the order even though I upgraded at 9 o'clock on the morning of the 9th and their website said anyone who pre-orders by midnight on Sunday the 11th would be guaranteed delivery today.

brandscill
4: Newbie
Swear every computer system at Vodafone is a steaming pile of excrement. Never any confirmation emails, useless order tracker, constant billing system issues, useless CRM system for managing tickets and complaints on accounts. It's endless and simply shambolic.

If you have a rubbish system you need good CS to work around it and compensate for it, Vodafone have neither!

If you're unhappy with the service, you may wish to ask Customer Service to escalate it. If it isn't resolved, contact the Ombudsman, who will resolve it.

Details here: http://www.vodafone.co.uk/vodafone-uk/forms/complaints/