Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Wrong mobile device delivered and customer services lacking

Gsolan
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
Hi
I am very frustrated! My mobile phone broke and I was very grateful when customer services arranged for an early upgrade, 2 weeks early.
I upgraded to iPhone 6 and was told it would be delivered the next day. It has arrived a day late! I was feeling excited after 5 days without a phone, which is extremely important as I have a 5 year old daughter that is diabetic... Now I have found they have delivered the iPhone 6+ which is massive.
Customer services are now proving to be less than helpful! I am unable to get through to an exchange/returns appointment and keep getting passed from pillar to post. They have offered to send out a returns bag and said they will get returns to call back. After reading others experiences I have a terrible feeling. I'm nervous that they will take this phone away and leave me without a phone. I'm refraining from using the new phone in case it affects my exchange, is this right? Can I just exchange at my local Vodafone store?
I'm also nervous that they have set up another contract rather than upgrading early... Lot's of questions and no answers. All I wanted was an upgrade 2 weeks early, to a silver iPhone 6 and customer services that can help!!!
6 REPLIES 6

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
Hi

If upgraded online then no you can't return it to a shop I'm afraid.

Edit to add link http://www.vodafone.co.uk/about-this-site/terms-and-conditions/returns-policies/

You'll need to send it back and when they've received it and con ended so you'll be able to upgrade again.

Via Customer services via 191 or live chat.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks but not very reassuring!

It sounds like it will be a long wait and I'm one desperate mum. I don't want to pay so much money for a phone I don't like and did not order in the first place.

BandOfBrothers
Hi

Once the phone has been signed back in to their returns department it shouldn't take that long to update your account.

Then to cut out waiting time to have one delivered think about the avenue of visiting your HighStreet store.

You could even ring ahead to ensure they have the iPhone in stock ref the colour and memory capacity.

Current Phone  >

BandOfBrothers
Top tip.

If you've broken the seal on the iPhone 6 Plus take some time/date stamped pictures of it to prove its condition when you send it back or lay it on a copy of that says newspaper.

It's a shame you don't like the iPhone 6 Plus. I love mine.

Current Phone  >

I haven't opened the box or seal in case it affects my exchange?
I prefer small phones, I'm pushing the boat out by getting a 6.

BandOfBrothers
Ah ok.

The iPhone 6 is a nice model too.

I hope all goes ok with the exchange for you.

You could send the iPhone 6 plus back and wait until they confirm its back and cleared on their systems and then upgrade in your most local Vodafone HighStreet store.

That way you get the phone of choice and typically walk out with it.

Current Phone  >