Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

You are not subscribed to a mobile data service - iPhone 4

Chebby
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Keep getting the following message!!!!

Could not activate mobile data network -  You are not subscribed to a mobile data service

I am on a sim only contract with vodafone (changes just over a month ago from payt).

Please Help!

thanks Helen

34 REPLIES 34

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion

You are giving conflicting information here - you say that voice and texts work but then you also said that texts to all numbers are giving the same error message. Which one is it?

Did you get phone new or second hand?

What type of user are you - contract or PAYG

Where did you get the micro sim that goes in the phone?

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

sorry but you mis understood,,my phone i working properly except to that mobile data network and i think the reason why i cand send a message to the number that yuo give is because it is not an ordinary number..its only a five digit number..

sorry if i did not explain it clearly

what i said before is i used three phones to text to 40127 but its all the same,,sending error

jeffkinn

I've just tested it and it works.

You are a Vodafone customer aren't you? - please answer about contract and PAYG and if the phone was new or second hand.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

yes i am a vodafone user,,im not on a contract,,i buy it second hand from ebay and its was restored when it was arrived

Retired-Lee
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi there ponti28,

I've read through the thread since your first post and you've had some great help from jeffkin.

Can you confirm if you've been able to synchronise the device to iTunes yet?

Cheers,

LeeH

yup but still the same,,

Hi ponti28, 

We'll need to look into this and see what's going on.

I've sent you a PM with instructions on how to contact the team, follow these and we'll be in touch as soon as we can

You can find your PM inbox here

Paul

shantelle90
8: Helper
8: Helper
I am having the exact same problem. It will only work through wifi.

I had an iPhone 5 on PayG and today received an iPhone 6 ..I put my nano sim from my iPhone 5 into my new iPhone 6. The phone works fine apart from on my mobile data. I do have data included in my freedom freebie which has not yet been used but still receive this message.
If my post has helped you, please click on the thumbs up button

Dale1994x
1: Seeker
How do u sort it