Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

You are not subscribed to a mobile data service - iPhone 4

Chebby
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Keep getting the following message!!!!

Could not activate mobile data network -  You are not subscribed to a mobile data service

I am on a sim only contract with vodafone (changes just over a month ago from payt).

Please Help!

thanks Helen

34 REPLIES 34

Hi @Dale1994x

Welcome to the eForum.

So we can check the data package is on your account correctly, get in touch with our Live help team.

Thanks,

Laura

I have the same issue with my iPhone 5.  Just taken out a sim only deal with Vodafone, having moved from EE and brought my number with me.

On WIFI I can connect to the internet fine and use my apps online but otherwise on just 3G I get the error when going into my mailbox for example "Could not activate mobile data network" followed by "You are not subscribed to a mobile data service".

I have text "WEB" to 40127 but it just come up with a (!) Not Delivered message next to the text message. 

Calls do seem to work fine.  Can anybody help resolve this, my unlimited data test drive is somewhat of a none starter!

Just an update.  So the morning after I posted the above I checked my phone and it works!

I received two messages overnight telling me I had switched off international calls and adult content, I then turned off my wifi and went online and it just worked.

I guess yesterday the SIM was still becoming active given it was a new contract but I did take the contract out on Sunday lunchtime and it is now Wednesday morning so taken approx. 3 days to port my old number and get all my services. 

Hope this update is helpful to anyone having similar issues. :smileyvery-happy:

Consty65
1: Seeker
Hi I got same problem and I've tried texting that number and I'm all updated but doesn't work and I am in sim and I used to be able to use 3g

Chad-louise
1: Seeker
Sorry I have 500MB but is not letting me is them