Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

change my delivery date of IPhone 6

gooner1967
4: Newbie

Hi

have successfully upgraded to the IPhone 6:smileyvery-happy: . I know that the delivery dates haven't been firmed up for the Iphone 6 yet as it's not released till Friday. Unfortunately I have now got to go away early hours of friday morning so am not going to be about, is there anyway to change a delivery date??

Went by the name of Homer. Seven feet tall he was, with arms like tree trunks. His eyes were like steel, cold, hard. Had a shock of hair, red like the fires of Hell.

11 REPLIES 11

Retired-Kay
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi gooner1967, 

You should receive a text on the morning of delivery with the option to change your delivery date. :smileyhappy:

Thanks, 

Kay

SkylineLvr
8: Helper
8: Helper
Will they text the phone that's being upgraded, or will they text the other number on the account as well? I ask because I've sold my iPhone 5 to cover the costs of my upgrade.
  • Previous phone: iPhone 5 64GB Black Slate
  • Current phone: iPhone 6 Plus 128GB Space Grey
  • Next phone: Possibly the iPhone 7

Hi SkylineLvr,

We text the mobile number being upgraded, plus the lead number, which is the oldest number on the account.

Hi gooner1967,

I'm glad Kay was able to help.

Thanks,

Ian

gooner1967

cheers Kay

Pity the people in customer support aren't as helpful

Went by the name of Homer. Seven feet tall he was, with arms like tree trunks. His eyes were like steel, cold, hard. Had a shock of hair, red like the fires of Hell.

gooner1967
Hi
Don't know if you can help, tried to change delivery date, but only offers an additional 5 days so spoke to my neighbour who said she would be in, so went for deliver to neighbour option, dpd accepted the change and sent confirmation email. But guess what, the idiot at dpd tried to deliver to my address! I have rebooked to my neighbour for the coming Friday. Given my contract is with you and not dpd (legally they are just your contractor for delivery) could you please contact them and ensure the delivery is correctly carried out this time.

Many thanks

gooner1967
To make matters worse, my old sim has now been deactivated so am left uncontactable! This should be so easy, upgrade to new phone, recieve new phone, activate sim. But no it's Vodafone and dpd so why am I not surprised!

I am now left with no phone at all, working away from home and a sick wife at home,!

Hi gooner1967,

We’d be happy to help you with this.

Click here, to get in touch with us.

Alternatively, you can dial 191 for immediate help.

Thanks,

Sarah

And the farce continues!
Delivery is now showing as delivered and signed for by me, slight issue with that!
1- I'm not there
2 - neither is the phone
3- my neighbour who it is supposedly being delivered to, has not heard a thing or seen a driver!

How does a massive company like Vodafone end up using a bunch of lying thieving monikers like dpd
As my contract is with you and as I'm paying for a service and phone which I've not received, in the eyes of the law I am entitled to compensation and this farce sorting out, it should not be down to me to chase your delivery company or for neighbour to have to chase them either.
This upgrade has convinced me that as each of my contracts come to an end (3 in total) I shall not be renewing!

Ps I have responded to your email providing the additional info supplied, but no response yet!

And another update dpd have been in touch admitting delivering to the wrong address trouble is they can't get it back. I have forwarded their mail to you quoting my wrt number