Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

iPad Pro 9.7" 256gb

Gogsy
1: Seeker
Does anyone have any ideas why Vodaphone is not stocking this option? Both the retail store staff and the business team seem to be oblivious of this models existence as not on "the system" and sadly have been infatic to date that this does not even exist given that both competitors EE and O2 are selling! My impression is they keep seeming to mix up with the full 12" iPad Pro model.
6 REPLIES 6

kids
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

All the decisions as to whether or not to stock a particular device is a commercial decision based on many factors.

Vodafone do not disclose reasons for their decision and all you can do is to keep an eye on the Coming soon page to see if it appears.

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion

We've seen often enough ranging decisions from Vodafone that clearly indicates that they are choosy about the devices they bring to market. They don't range all phones or all variants of a phone or tablet. The iPad mentioned here is one such example and the HTC 10 decision is another.

The network doesn't follow the pattern set by the other networks and sell pretty much everything. These decisions are very clearly the outcome of an internal cost/benefit exercise and, while they don't suit people who want to get the devices in question, it is a valid approach to running a business. Not everyone can sell everything and a business has to target its scare resources of capital and people in the most efficient and productive way.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

BandOfBrothers

I think it would be a really good addition and could supercede the iPad Air 2. 

The first iPad Pro is a little too large for my own use. 

All I can say is watch the coming soon pages and Vodafone Blog. 

It's possible maybe one one of the Independants such as Carephone Warehouse may supply it. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Gogsy
1: Seeker
I think my overall surprise in this instance has been the lack of knowledge in both the retail and buisiness advisors arena and subsequent general notulance demonstrated in answering a customers queries. As generally my experience in over the last 10 years plus is that the guys and girls are normally highly knowledgeable on new product releases and if they don't have the information they can lay their hands on it very quickly. In this instance I find myself hitting the forums to get an answer to a general inquiry and getting a more customer focused response from this community.

BandOfBrothers

Maybe Vodafone staff have to be a little guarded on the level of information that's given out in regards to marketplace strategies etc. 

We alternatively can natter and pass across our personal opinions. :smileywink:

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

jeffkinn
If the iPad isn't sold by Vodafone and therefore not on their system it's easy to understand why CS people don't know anything about it. Not saying it's right but understandable how it happens

Jeffkinn_Sig.png