cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

iPhone 4 cannot use Sure Signal since ios 7.1.2 update (been told this is an Apple problem)

PollyAllen
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I'm writing with a complaint which you've failed to resolve in-store, via 191, via the complaints system on your website, via live chat, Twitter and subsequent phone calls.

I bought Sure Signal in October and it worked with all three devices belonging  to my family, including my own iPhone 4, until I updated ios to 7.1.2. Since the update I've had no Sure Signal boost to the already terrible signal where I live, and I get either no service or one bar.

I've completed troubleshooting suggestions from two local branches of Vodafone and the 191 help service (taking myself off Sure Signal and adding again 20 mins later; resetting Sure Signal box) but was told the update may have to be taken off the phone, which would be nearly impossible to do. I was also told that a replacement iPhone 4 could be provided but would not solve the problem as it's with the particular make of iPhone and not a fault on my device alone but with all iPhone 4 models.

I can upgrade my phone from March 2015 but have been told my signal will remain the same until I do the upgrade, leaving me with 4 months of terrible signal despite having spent £100 on Sure Signal to try and use my phone properly. Apparently I could pay for a new device now but would end up paying for line rental on the existing device as well - something I cannot afford to do.

When I complained using the online form I was told several days later that my complaint couldn't be dealt with as security couldn't be verified (?!) and was told to speak to Vodafone via live chat. The person I spoke to didn't really understand what I was saying and then phoned me on my landline and connected me to the wrong customer service department. By the time I was connected to the right department and placed on hold, the call was terminated by Vodafone because the call centre had closed for the evening. My complaint hadn't been dealt with and live chat had been terminated by Vodafone so nobody would take responsibility. 

I then complained on Twitter this morning to Vodafone UK Help but, unsurprisingly, have had no response.

I'm disgusted by the lazy attitude of Vodafone regarding my iPhone 4 issue, which is obviously still unresolved, and the unprofessional attitude of its customer service staff.

1 REPLY 1

Retired-Matt_B
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @PoppyAllen, 

Please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread. If this doesn’t resolve your query, please post your reply below including the following information:

Your speed test results from here.

Your ping test results from here.

Your external IP address from here.

The results of a traceroute.

Your Sure Signal serial number:

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

Click on Start and select Run

Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok

A black box will appear.

In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter

Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

Thanks,

Matt B