Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

iPhone 4s

Tomtomdenton
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
Hello I broke my iPhone 5s so I've bought an iPhone 4s and have used an adaptor for the sim to work and it will not find any signal keeps saying no service but when I pull out the SIM card it says no sim ???
7 REPLIES 7

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
Hi

May I ask where you purchase the iPhone 4s from ? I ask as another avenue is that the iPhone's IMEI has been blocked which is sometimes the result of buying off eBay etc.

Are you able to try another micro SIM card in the iPhone to see if it connects and then at least you know it's your sim or it's the sim not sitting correctly in the SIM card adapter.

Make sure no dust / lint is in the SIM card tray and slot.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I bought the phone from a second hand shop can't try other people's SIM card they are not with Vodafone the sim worked perfectly on my iPhone 5s checked SIM card blew inside

Hi,

It could be that the person who sold their iphone to the shop has since made an insurance claim and or reported it lost which its then blocked and theirs no way of you un blocking it.

Are you sure it's on the Vodafone network ?

Did you try it to ensure it was working before you left the shop - although I have seen from past posts that initially the phones works and then a few weeks down the line they are then blocked.

The way to make sure is to get a vodaphone SIM card from a HighStreet shop or £1 shop and try it.

Think about approaching the shop you bought it from for assistance.

Current Phone  >

AnnS

@Tomtomdenton

You have to synchronise to itunes to be able to use the Apple service.

If you still have problems, and the phone is not locked to an alternative network, try restoring to itunes.

BandOfBrothers
I have taken a look at 's help pages.

This is about activation https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201407

This is concerning Activation Lock https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201365

Current Phone  >

Tried both still not working the phone is a Vodafone phone I'm just going to take it back tomorrow it's ##~## me off nothing is easy nowadays

Ok.

Please let us know how you get on.

Current Phone  >