Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

iPhone 5 Trade-In and Early Upgrade

InstantClassic
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi

I am currently in the final 6 months on a 2 year Vodafone contract and am looking to upgrade to one of the new iPhones After doing some research online and using the Vodafone eForum, I see you can "buy" your Vodafone contract out up to the upgrade period ( which is the start of January for me) and then upgrade your phone.

I was wondering whether Vodafone customers are able to trade-in their current handset to do this? Or have any eFoum members used been successful in tryin to do thi? My current cntract is for a 32GB iPhone 5 which would allow me to pay off my contract up to the start of my upgrade period as well as have some money left to put towards either a iPhone 6 or 6 Plus.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion

You can buy out your contract at any time - but it isn't up tp the upgrade date but the date on which the commitment ends, which is normally 60 or so days after the upgrade date.

Your phone is your phone and you can do whatever you want with it. You could have sold it on day 1 and Vodafone wouldn't care. You can use any phone with a contract.

The fee to pay off your current contract is the monthly cost less the VAT and a 2% discount to the end of the contract.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Nabs

Hi InstantClassic,

This is something that is possible and Customer Service will be able to give you an exact figure.

Personally I would wait a wee bit until the initial rush of iPhone sales has died down as the chances of getting it through a network on launch day now are probably going to be quite slim.

Whenever a new iPhone launched it's ususally a few weeks before Apple are able to supply more stock to the Networks so you might end up finding you are paying your new tariff without actually getting your new phone.

Nabs