Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

iPhone 5 Unlocking

Zachster
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I have just upgraded my iPhone 5, to an iPhone 6. What I want to do, is unlock the 5 handset for a family member to use. Unfortunately, when I attempt to fill in the online firm, I am unable to confirm the imei number for iPhone 5, as I a) my new phone is taking my sim and b) I can't yet put in the family members sim, due to it being a different network, meaning I can't open the imei number.

Any help on how to get this recently old handset unlocked would be most appreciated

Zachster

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

drey_p
16: Advanced member

Hi there

On the iPhone 5 or later, the IMEI number can be found on the back of the device near the bottom.   If you aren't able to read the number there, you will need to put your SIM back into the phone, activate it and enter *#06# on your dialer in order to get the IMEI number. 

PWIAC

View solution in original position

30 REPLIES 30

drey_p

Hi there

On the iPhone 5 or later, the IMEI number can be found on the back of the device near the bottom.   If you aren't able to read the number there, you will need to put your SIM back into the phone, activate it and enter *#06# on your dialer in order to get the IMEI number. 

PWIAC

Thanks for your help. Done and now submitted unlock request to Vodafone. Do you know how long this takes?

drey_p
It takes about 7-10 working days for the unlock to be completed by Apple. There have been a few cases where it has taken over 3 weeks to do.

PWIAC

Does the unlock code get sent to the phone?  I, on the advice of EE, transferred my phone number to EE so now my vodafone contract is cancelled and I have no access to my phone unless I put my EE SIM in a friend's unlocked phone.  How will I get the message on my phone without a working SIM card in there?  Do I have to keep checking on an unlocked phone? 

Thanks

Lucie

Hi @lucieeastwood 

You'll receive an email, confirming when your handset in unlocked (this usually takes up to 10 days).

For more information on our NUC (Network unlock codes) process, please visit our website.

Thanks,

Rodney

17 days and not a word on unblocking. I was told Vodafone were slow, but hell, a courtesy update would be nice.....

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Zachster 

Have you followed the steps to complete the unlocking process of an iPhone.

@saraahalicerose 

Was the phone replaced by ourselves directly? If it was a third party we'll need them to contact us to ensure the IMEI matches the one on our system.

We can take a look at this for you, contact our Live help team.

If they're not there straight away, sit tight and an advisor will be with you as soon as they're available.

DaveCD

The phone is Vodafone, it's the old phone on the contract that I want unlocking after upgrading to iPhone 6. Not sure why they need to confirm details they should already have. 6 weeks and counting. Upgrade would not have happened if I had known and another provider found.

Hi guys,

@Jodielios – Live help will be the quickest way to look into this issue.

@lucieeastwood - We have to wait for the unlocking to be processed by the manufacturer, we'll email you once it’s done.

@Zachester – As the code is sent to us via the manufacturer, we need to take the details to make sure that everything is correct, so we can get the unlocking code back to you.

Please send the request via our network unlocking code form.

Cheers,

Laura