cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

iPhone 5 not receiving texts or calls.....

SkylineLvr
8: Helper
8: Helper
I've had my iPhone 5 since launch (been replaced once a couple months after) and never had any issues with the service (besides not being able to use any type of data over 2G). About the last few months, I've not been getting all the texts from wife. Sometimes I'll get them hours after she sent them, or in the wrong order when I do get them. After restarting my phone, I'll get the messages. Today she tried calling me 20 times, but I never received any of them. After restarting my phone, about 10 min later I get her texts and voicemails. This concerns me because what if my wife or someone else I know has an emergency and can't get a hold of me. I'm hoping it's just a network settings issue.

If it's a phone issue, will Vodafone replace it? When is first got it replaced, I had to go to Apple since I was still within my 1 year warranty period.

Edit: Forgot to mention that I have full bars of service and have full wifi. My wife has a Galaxy Note 3.
  • Previous phone: iPhone 5 64GB Black Slate
  • Current phone: iPhone 6 Plus 128GB Space Grey
  • Next phone: Possibly the iPhone 7
4 REPLIES 4

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion

Vodafone does not offer a 2 year warranty on iPhones for manufacturing defects. If Apple replaced your original iPhone you'll need to show Vodafone that paperwork so they can update their records. You'll need to do that and ask for the repair in store.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Not sure what paperwork is required to show proof. I've had the phone unlocked through Vodafone (which was a hassle that I won't go into detail with)), so they are aware of the replacement and it's in the system.
  • Previous phone: iPhone 5 64GB Black Slate
  • Current phone: iPhone 6 Plus 128GB Space Grey
  • Next phone: Possibly the iPhone 7

jeffkinn
If it?s been unlocked you?re fine

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi SkylineLvr

It does sound like an issue with the phone, if the network troubleshooting guide here doesn't help, I'd recommend a repair.

Thanks

Sukhi