Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

iPhone 5c Battery Fail

Tina_Thud_Bump
4: Newbie
I've had my 5c since March 2014. It's been a habit (probably a bad one I don't know) to charge it up overnight & because I use my phone a fair bit during the day for work etc that's been almost every night.

Last Friday my phone inexplicably plunged from 100% charge to 20% & then off completely in a matter of 5 minutes! I was lucky enough to get an appointment straight away at my local Apple Store & their Genius did a diagnostic check on my phone via his laptop & told me my battery was nearly at the end of its life & would need hence the erratic behaviour & so would need replacing (£60 charge from them, £160 from Vodafone - OUCH!).

My question is to check whether this has happened to any of you with your 5c & if it does sound like the battery is failing & not something more serious? Phone works fine but now finding in this last week it's needing to be on charge to use it & even when 3G etc turned off to preserve the battery, it's turning off after just taking a couple of photos :Sad_face:

Just don't want to pay out for a new battery installation (which I have found cheaper from a trusted, independent shop - bad luck for trying to rip me off Voda / Apple) if it might be something else.

Thoughts please?

Thanks so much as always :Smiling:

Tina xx
20 REPLIES 20

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion
Hi

This I was I thought happened if the issue is in regards to the battery.

If probably is up to the genius employee who is looking after you at the time.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.