Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

iPhone 6 Nightmare!

PaulAinsy
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I recently rang VF (saturday6th Dec)  to request my PAC number as I had a good offer with o2 to move to them.

I was then given the usual spiel to keep me, they offered to match the deal etc if I stayed, considering I had not had any issues with VF I decided to take up the offer. New 2yr contract, iPhone 6 128GB £58.50 pm.. Free phone, great I thought. Phone was to be delivered on Tuesday 9th Dec.

I stayed in to meet the delivery (obviously had to sign for it) turned up bang on time, all perfect so far...Open the box to be met with the brick that is the iPhone 6 PLUS 128GB!!!!...Rang up immediately to explain the wrong phone has been sent out..."oh sorry we don't have the iPhone6 128GB in stock, can you ring back on Thursday to see if stock has bee replenished"?..so I rang Thursday morning to be told to ring back in the afternoon as there is no stock, to then be told to ring back in the evening, to then be told to ring Friday morning, to then be told to ring afternoon ( you get the pattern here?)

I then went on vodaphone website to see new iPhone stock today (Saturday 13th Dec) and wow the 128GB is in stock for immediate delivery, great I thought, so rang straight up to be told, oh no there is none in stock it must be a slow update on the website!! ARGHHHHH!!!!!

I had been told to keep hold of the PLUS until the stock is replenished as its easier to exchange the phones then, quite frankly I think it would then get too close to the 14 day return date, so I requested the return of the PLUS and I want to cancel the upgrade and I wanted the PAC number, the return bag would take 3-5days to reach me.. I asked could I return the phone direct to my nearest VF store, to be told no it has to be by post...

I feel totally fed up with my dealings with VF and cant wait to leave, is the website lying for stock levels or the phone staff to get people signed up to contacts that they cant yet supply???

really annoyed!!!

3 REPLIES 3

travveller
4: Newbie

Ahem? Free? Really? ~£1400 over 2 years is hardly free. You are entitled to expect good service for that sort of wonga.

Well "free" in the wider sense 🙂

Your dead right though, spending that much money over 2 years on the phone and to get such service is actually dreadful.. shocking service from a major company..

Hi @PaulAinsy,

Stock can sometimes differ between the website and what our Returns team have to offer.

If you buy a phone from a store, you can only return it to a store. If you buy it online/over the phone, it has to be returned via a pre-paid returns pack.

Thanks,

Matt B