Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

iPhone 6 dropping Wifi Signal

peterbix
3: Seeker
For the past fortnight my IPhone 6 is regularly dropping wifi. Happens at home and at work. Sometimes only 1 or 2 bars when in the same room as the WAP. Tried every possible troubleshooting method but still the same. My iPad is fine and my wife's iPhone is ok too. Is it an IOS issue or do you think my comms board could be faulty?
5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
Hi and welcome to the forum

Can you please clarify what self help troubleshooting tips you've tried.

The generic ones are ->

On the iPhone hold down the Sleep/Wake Button and Home button together until the Apple Logo shows. Then On seeing this Apple Logo release both buttons ,and the iPhone will reset , which has been known to clear most glitches.

Settings -> General -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings.

Forget the network in WiFi Settings.

Restore the iPhone via iTunes (Make a backup to iCloud and or iTunes first)

Are you jail broken ?

If you have a local  Store then let a Genius Bar Employee run a diagnostic via an appointment through https://www.apple.com/uk/retail/geniusbar/

What iOS are you currently on ?

Good luck.

😎

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

peterbix
IOS 8.3. I've tried all of the troubleshooting you've described. It's not my router either as every other device in the house connects with no problems- I have the same issue at work too. I work in IT tech and we support Apple devices so I know what various steps to try to resolve such issues. I'm just wondering if it's a particular issue with the current IOS or is it my handset that's developed a fault

Thanks

peterbix
And not jail broken

BandOfBrothers
Hi

I have no issues with my iPhone 6 plus.

If this is happening on various WiFi connections then it's leaning possibly towards hardware.

Do you have a local  store to you visit via appointment ?

Current Phone  >

BandOfBrothers
Sorry To clarify I'm on iOS 8.1.2 but I've spoken to colleagues and friends on iOS 8.3 on various models of iPhones and they don't have the issue.

I've just had a look via Google at the  forums and it does seem some have had / are having Wifi dropping out issues on iOS 8.3.

I can see your options are ->

Wait for an iOS update.

Ask  to replace the iPhone (if they agree) and remain on iOS 8.1.2 or lower if the unit you get isn't already on iOS 8.3.

That's if your not using an iWatch which needs the current iOS firmware.

Current Phone  >