Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

iPhone 6+ nightmare

horatio_nelson
5: Helper

I ordered an iPhone 6+ 128GB in every colour at 8:01:01 BST (I checked this against the FOCS 1 atomic clock in Switzerland at the time of ordering) having spent the entire night awake incase I overslept and was unable to call 191 on time that morning.  In addition to this, I was also camped outside the Vodafone call centre HQ in case I was unable to get through on 191 (and I also ensured I had my 3G enabled laptop with me so that I could order online in case I was denied access to the building).  I then repeated the above in respect of the 16GB models and 64GB models in every colour, meaning that I am expecting to receive nine handsets this Friday 19th.

I have been calling 191 and speaking with the customer services team through Live chat every 6 minutes since 10am on Monday trying to find out the status of my order - and I am being told different things each time.

To make matters worse, the tracker (which I have set up a live feed of and is being projected onto the bedroom wall at home and in my office) still has my order down somewhere between stage 2 and stage 3. 

I need to know when the phones will be delievered to my home.  Not only have I taken the day off work (I wasn't bright enough to think of getting the phones ordered to my work address), but it is also because I have sold my home in order to finance the purchase of the iPhones (I do not mind downgrading my house so long as I get a phone with a 5.5 inch screen) and I am hoping to exchange later on Friday afternoon.  I simply cannot afford for the iPhones to be delivered late.

Additionally, I have spent the last ten days imagining what life would be like with an iPhone 6 + and I think that my world would be absolutely shattered if I had to spend this weekend with my current handset, which is JUST an iPhone 5s.  Although my current iPhone 5s is in fact running the same iOS8 as the phones I have ordered and makes calls/texts etc in the same way, it is absolutely essential that I have the 6+ handsets on Friday because I was hoping to take a photo of my dinner on Friday evening.  Without the image stabilisation that the 6+ offers, I will be unable to take any such photo to the requisite quality (particularly if I am shaking with rage that my iPhone 6+s have not been delivered).

I appreciate that supply ultimately comes down to the manufacturers rather than the networks (who simply supply whatever handsets they receive) and I also appreciate the magnitude of the logistics involved in delivering tens of thousands of handsets on the same day.  That being said, I have been a loyal Vodafone customer for several dozens of months (almost 24 to be precise) and I will gladly take my custom elsewhere if I do not get an update on my specific deliveries shortly and/or receive my handsets on Friday. [/satire]

10 REPLIES 10

StarBuckeroozer
3: Seeker
3: Seeker
Cannot stop laughing

kieranfox
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Brilliant!

samspam
6: Helper
6: Helper
Excellent!!!! sums it up really... 😅😅😅😅

I signed up - just to post about how funny that was!!!

Amazing! :smileylol::smileylol::smileylol:

In all seriousness, I actually popped down the the Regent St apple store in Sept 2012 at about 3am to get my hands on an iPhone 5 quite early.  Never again.  Being lined up with hundreds/thousands of people whose discourse will not a million miles from the above parody was pretty bad. (As well as there clearly being paid gang-workers buying as many handsets as they could for immediate resale).

Although I've pre-ordered my phone this year and obviously want it to arrive on the day (who wouldn't), these product launches really do seem to bring out the fanatic/unbalanced elements in a lot of consumers.  Not so much a case of me, me, me; rather i, i, i...

PS still on stage 2 and crying at my desk.

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

I'm going to go to Regent Street soon to look at the queue and laugh at them.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

To be fair on them, by queuing up they don't need to wait around at home for delivery or pester customer care every hour!  That being said, I decided on balance that days of inconvenience and the risk of delivery being late far outweights being a muppet in that queue.  At a certain time, the queue starts to build up in Hanover Square and snakes round on itself in the garden there.  What I found most depressing was seeing mothers turn up with their prams at about 4am to join the end of the queue.

it's one of those jokes that's not a joke at all.

The thing is that all of the supply/demand issues cannot be avoided-true enough.  However, the shocking communication is easily avoidable.  Don't tell lies to people.  Simple.

kids
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

Brilliant post' Admiral'  :smileyvery-happy: