Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

iPhone 6 plus

Fenders
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I have had my iPhone 6 plus for  a while now and not had any problems with it until about 2 weeks ago.

When I make a call the person who I am speaking to cannot hear me and says that the voice quality is very muffled and almost unreadable.

I have tested this several times with the cover on and off and it makes no difference to the quality of the audio.

Is this a software issue.

6 REPLIES 6

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi

Have you checked that there is no dust / lint in the ports or mic ports ?

Please try a reset of the iPhone. No data is lost this way. 

On the iPhone hold down the Sleep/Wake Button and Home button together until the Apple Logo shows. Then On seeing this Apple Logo release both buttons ,and the iPhone will reset , which has been known to clear most glitches.

and

Settings -> General-> Reset -> Reset Network Settings.

Sometimes call quality can be affected by the area your in and the masts. Voice calls are over 2G and 3G. You can check your masts via https://www.vodafone.co.uk/explore/network/uk-coverage-map/index.htm

Changing your iPhone to 2G only may help. This is in Settings-Mobile Data-Voice and Data-Choose 2G.

Bear at in mind this would affect data speeds so please do remember to switch back.  

Process of elimination: Can you try you're Sim card in another phone to rule out either the Sim or Account or Phone which may be at fault. 

Finally if you have a local  store you could visit and ask for the iPhone to be checked at the Genius Bar. 

Also so appointments can be made via https://www.apple.com/uk/retail/geniusbar/ 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks for the fast reply.

I will try your suggestions later and report my findings.

BandOfBrothers

@Fenders wrote:

Thanks for the fast reply.

I will try your suggestions later and report my findings.

You're welcome. 

Hope all goes ok. 

Current Phone  >

AnnS

Hi @Fenders

It may just be an idea to try your SIM in an alternative phone to rule out a network issue.  If you do not have a different phone, a Vodafone Store will be able to test your SIM.

If there are still problems with your phone, it may be worth a visit to an Apple Store.  They will be able to find the reason for the poor audio quality.

As suggested, I did a re set and all seems ok.

Many thanks for your help.

BandOfBrothers

@Fenders wrote:

As suggested, I did a re set and all seems ok.

Many thanks for your help.

Awesome news 👍🏻

Glad to be of assistance. 

Current Phone  >