Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

iPhone 6 upgrade shambles!!!

hewhocookseats
4: Newbie
Rang to order an iPhone 6 64GB on Monday as my phone had packed up.
Was told by upgrades that I would have the phone in 2-4 days. As I am on holiday I said I would accept this as long as this was the case as I use my phone for work and will need it next week.

Thought I would check the status of my order this morning only to find that I will not get the phone until 11th December at the earliest!

What a bloody shambles. When I have gone onto live chat all I get is a brick wall and not an ounce of an apology or some help.

Foolishly I asked if they would credit my account so that I could go and buy a cheap phone to keep me going. I may as well have been talking to a brick wall.

Am I right in assuming that others have been experiencing the same and will I really get my phone when they say so?
24 REPLIES 24

JamesWickham
2: Seeker

Yes, I've had exacly the same experience.  Placed an order on the website for an upgrade on 12 November, which said availability in two to four days (for a 64gb iphone).  When the order was processed, it initially said estimated delivery between 20 and 27 November.  This was changed a few days ago to 4-11 December.  

Whilst in my case waiting is not a particular problem, I'm a little irritated that the 2-4 day estimate was clearly wildly fictious.  I'm also rather annoyed to be paying considerably more for a 4G contract which I can't use until they send me a 4G phone.

Hi @hewhocookseats and @JamesWickham

The iPhone 6 is a very popular phone and the stock goes very quickly. As soon as there is stock available, it will be sent to you and we’ll update the order tracker.

Thanks

Michelle

I ordered a phone over 2 weeks ago and was told I would get it the next day, I even got a text to confirm that.  Since then nothing, and everytime I contact the call centre they are no help whatsoever, and frankly quite rude too.

The text I received merely said it would be delivered to my house the next day and doesn't have a WEB number.  How do I track that?  How long will I have to wait?

Customer service at Vodafone is frankly terrible.

Maximum100
Totally agree, ordered 2nd dec 2014, web said 2-4 dayss, then web ref says earliest possibility 11-18th dec. certainly not going to hold my breath!! Will let you all know when I hear more.

Well my tracker still says 4-11 December.  But given its the 10th today I suspect this may not be accurate.  I'd anticipated a wait, but what I hadn't anticipated is that the stock level indicator (ie 2-4 days) when I placed the order would be so wildly inaccurate as to be deceptive, as I've now been waiting four weeks with no confidence on when the thing will actually turn up.

Meanwhile I'm being charged for a more expensive contract that I can't use (my old phone is ancient, can't use 4g, etc etc).  I would much have prefered Vodafone to have been straight with me when I ordered and said it could be six weeks plus and to have not then started charging me the more expensive contract until they'd fulfilled the order.

I'll let you know how I get on.

jabbamarfie

I to agree - I ordered over the Web for a 6 Plus 64gb, said it was in stock and would arrive 2-4 days then one text and nothign since - The VF Tracker has no date at all

Spoke to VF over past two days and got two different stories, latest relating to stock which might arrive and I might get it next week?

If I had know this I would of gone elsewhere

And can someone at VF tell me why I have been charged the one off cost already? infact the day I made the order, is this correct?

jabbamarfie

(ordered 2nd dec, still waiting)

It gets better, I decided to go to my local store in Woking, (leave work early) and see if they had availability for the iphone 6, upgrade there and then, and then cancel existing web order.

NO CHANCE,on the window of the store at 5:15 was a peice of A4 paper "sorry we are closing today at 5pm for a staff meeting".

You have to be kidding me!!!!, The month of december and you decide to have a staff meeting at 5pm during shopping centre hours.(Removed in line with House Rules)

Hi guys

@mrfish – you’re able to track your order here.

@JamesWickham @Maximum100 and @jabbamarfie 

If you’d like to discuss this further, please get in touch with our Live help team.

Cheers,

Laura

Maximum100
Laura from the tech team, you must be a computer. Or you are missing some pretty basic skills in comprehension. Why should I track my order when the status of my order has been the same for the last 10 days??? Are you saying if I check the track again it will speed up my order? Hahaha