Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

iPhone 6S / 7 CA whilst roaming?

nikiandemma
7: Helper
As the title really, does anyone know if when using EuroTraveller or World Traveller whether we are allowed CA whilst roaming, especially on iPhone 6S and above?
7 REPLIES 7

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion

What is CA?

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

AnnS

Hi Jeff @jeffkinn

I think this is what is meant.

http://www.apple.com/ca/iphone-7/

nikiandemma
CA = Carrier Aggregation. In terms of 4G, using 2x or 3x LTE bands at the same time for increased speeds. For example here in the UK we can CA both bands 7 & 20 or add in either 1800 or 2100 LTE as well. My question was whether a UK customer can still do this on their device whilst roaming, or if it's a UK only perk.

jeffkinn

Too technical for me. Someone in the community might know.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

BandOfBrothers

Maybe as a Uk network has no control understandably over a foreign network and connectivity and quality of it would be a case of checking when connected to an actual American network. 

I would think the typical traveller wouldn't look past at actually just being connected. 

Maybe if the phone specs , frequencies and bands support and even a local sim could be tested out if the phone is unlocked. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

jeffkinn

Why an American network? The question was asked of any overseas network.

I agree that 99% of people, including me, wouldn't care but it's an interesting technical question for someone who is interested.

But you are of course right that Vodafone has zero control over the operations of am overseas network but the concept is very unlikely to be a UK service only. If the phone and network both support something it should work anywhere.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

BandOfBrothers

:smileyembarrassed: Whoops my bad @jeffkinn

I kinda fixated on the Lte part of the post and got American Networks my mind.  

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.