Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

iPhone 6S Upgrade Deals

Colin_London
4: Newbie

OK I'll go first!

When will Vodafone unveil their upgrade deals for existing customers to the iPhone 6S?

Also, will phones be available for store collection in addition to home deliveries?

Have to say that, based on iPhone 6 deals for new customers I have worked out that over 24 months Vodafone contract deals for *new* customers are the most expensive option, with it being £250 cheaper to buy a phone from Apple direct and downgrade to a SIM-only 12 month Red Value contract. So hope the upgrade deals offer quite a discount.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion

It's a selling point for Vodafone that they don't offer better prices to new customers than existing customers and vice versa.

That isn't going to change for this iphone launch.

My opinion - if you can afford the £600+ for the phone outright that's the way to go.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

View solution in original position

23 REPLIES 23

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Hi there

keep an eye on the Vodafone Blog and also the online store for details of any pricing. Please be aware that, as an existing customer, you will be able to get the same deal as a new customer.

The phones will be available for purchase in store and also for home delivery. Please be aware that there are normally supply issues when Apple launch a new phone so you may want to wait a while until the stock situation stabilises.

PWIAC

BandOfBrothers

I agree keep an eye on the Coming Soon Page where you can Register your interest,and on the Vodafone Shop page. 

I also agree buying the iPhone outright from an Apple Store ,disposable income allowing,and then choosing Sim Only can be cheaper in the long run.  

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks, but if it's going to be the same deal as for new customers then that doesn't really give much of an incentive over going to buy the phone from Apple and getting a SIM only contract :-S

Here's the sums based on Vodafones iPhone 6 pricing for a 64GB model and a 4GB tariff:

Vodafone Red Value 4G 4GB 24 month contract

£29 one-off, £54 a month = £1325

Phone bought from Apple + Vodafone Red Value 4G 4GB 12 month contract

£619 one-off, £19.80 a month (for 24 months) = £1094.20

Difference = £230.80

OK the price on the SIM only deal may change after 12 months, and you only get 6 months Spotify etc. instead of 24 months, but that's a significant difference, and you've given me enough to know I shouldn't hang around waiting for the VF upgrade announcement :-S

jeffkinn

It's a selling point for Vodafone that they don't offer better prices to new customers than existing customers and vice versa.

That isn't going to change for this iphone launch.

My opinion - if you can afford the £600+ for the phone outright that's the way to go.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

other companies offering new customer discounts, only do so to get more customers

Regards

BandOfBrothers
To be honest I've not really seen many of the main Networks offering deals on the iPhone's as they tend to sell themselves as a must have item, unless one speaks to Retentions at Customer services to try and sweeten a deal.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

i agree that buying the phone outright from Apple and buying a cheap sim works out cheaper over 24 months.

however, i only ever go for a 12 month contract as don't like being stuck with the same phone for 2 years.

the difference in price over 12 months becomes a lot closer, only by £10 or £20 in most cases.

trouble is, on the 12 month contracts, i need to pay around £400 upfront for the phone :Sad_face:

just checked - all prices and tarriffs get released tomorrow at 8am - when the phone becomes available to pre-order.

i am going to end up paying through the nose for it! lol

jeffkinn

I'll be pre-ordering my new 6S Plus on the Apple website tomorrow morning.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png