Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

iPhone 6S Upgrade Deals

Colin_London
4: Newbie

OK I'll go first!

When will Vodafone unveil their upgrade deals for existing customers to the iPhone 6S?

Also, will phones be available for store collection in addition to home deliveries?

Have to say that, based on iPhone 6 deals for new customers I have worked out that over 24 months Vodafone contract deals for *new* customers are the most expensive option, with it being £250 cheaper to buy a phone from Apple direct and downgrade to a SIM-only 12 month Red Value contract. So hope the upgrade deals offer quite a discount.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

It's a selling point for Vodafone that they don't offer better prices to new customers than existing customers and vice versa.

That isn't going to change for this iphone launch.

My opinion - if you can afford the £600+ for the phone outright that's the way to go.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

View solution in original position

23 REPLIES 23

so, did a bit of maths based on the current iphone 6 prices.

to buy from apple (6s plus 128gb)

phone is £789

VF sim only at £27.20 a month (less 20% discount) = £21.76 a month (10gb a month data)

12 months sim only  = £261.12

Total cost = £1,050.12

upgrade with vodafone

handset charge is £389

12 months contract at £64pm less 20% discount = £51.20 a month (8gb a month data)

12 months cost = £614.40

Total cost = £1,157

So a saving of £106.88 if i buy direct with Apple.

john32
13: Advanced Member

I think you may need to add applecare+ to the costs which is a requirement of the deal.

John

Good luck

John

tailwhip2000
5: Helper
128gb 6s plus on a 12 month plan just ordered here.

Paying through the nose for it though as I feared.

£64 a month (less 20% discount)
£389 handset cost

I ordered at 8.01am this morning via the Apple Store App (the website was down!). However the app only allows for standard deliveries and as its a working day (and I would never trust the mailroom in our estate with this sort of thing!) it was going to mean taking a flyer that I would be able to work from home.

However when the website did come up I then saw that there is the option via there to reserve for collection in store!

So this evening I have been able to cancel my original order and make a pick-up in store reservation for after work. Next thing to do is to 'upgrade' my VF account to a SIM only 12-month contract before my next bill (it is already elegible for upgrade).

Take note VF - As well as saving £230 £270* doing it this way I am actually able to walk into an Apple store at a time of my choosing on release day to collect. Can VF manage that?

Apple really have this Customer Service thing licked 🙂

*The 6s Upgrade is actually worse than the calculation I did based on the 6 due to a higher up front cost!